How to Hard Boil an Egg-The Right Way!
For this you will need; 3-4 large eggs, a saucepan and just enough water to cover the eggs.
- Put the eggs in a single layer into the saucepan with cold water. Make sure the water level is about 1 inch higher than the eggs.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water starts to boil, remove the saucepan from the stove for about 4 seconds and turn the burner to low.
- After 2 minutes, remove from heat and cover for about 14 minutes.
- When you think they may be done, take one egg out of the pan with a spoon. Run the egg under cold water for a few seconds then put the egg with the shell still intact, on a clean flat surface and attempt to spin it on its side. If the egg wobbles it needs a few more minutes to cook, if the egg spins perfectly without swaying, it is done.
- When all of the eggs are done, run them under cold water.
- Roll the eggs between your palms to crack the shell and peal off all of the outer shell.