How to: Homemade Smoky Edamame Hummus
Healthy Snack Solutions
It is hard to find snacks that are both delicious as well as healthy! Well, this recipe is a great solution. While regular chickpea hummus is yummy, using edamame results in a different hummus, at once fresher and more savory. The addition of garlic and smoked paprika make this particular recipe delightfully rich and complex. The best part? Its super easy!
Edamame: Super Food
Edamame is packed with protein, folic acid, fiber, potassium, and iron. In other words, serious nutritional bang for your buck!
- 2 Cups Cooked Edamame Beans
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, You may find that you need a bit more to reach the consistency you prefer.
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt, or to taste.
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Tahini
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth, or you have reached your desired consistency.
- Feel free to add more olive oil or salt if need be. Place the hummus in a bowl and garnish with a dash of smoked paprika. Serve with pita chips or veggies. Alternatively, for a quick and healthy snack or light lunch, spread on a piece of whole wheat toast and top with sliced tomatoes.
I hope you enjoy! Please rate this recipe and feel free to comment!