- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Alcoholic Popsicle Recipes: How to Make Popsicle Margaritas, Cocktails, and More
Popsicles are a classic choice for kids in the summer. They make an easy and often nutritious dessert or snack. While there are many non-alcoholic Popsicles that people of any age can enjoy, there are a number of great alcoholic Popsicle recipes, too. The next time you are hosting a summer party for families or just adults, consider one of these recipes. Consider the occasion and the preferences of your guests. Mojitos Popsicles may be a perfect option for a bridal shower while beer Popsicles may be the best choice for a Fourth of July gathering. Whatever the occasion may be, enjoy!
How to Make Salted Margarita Cream Pops with Karen Solomon | The Recipe Club
No matter which recipe or recipes you choose to make, you will need the following supplies:
Blender. Either a regular blender or an immersion blender will work.
Molds/trays/glasses. There are a variety of options for Popsicle molds out there. They include, but are not limited to:
- Popsicle plastic molds. You can purchase these in the kitchen section of most big box stores and chain stores with kitchen sections (i.e. Kohl's, Bed Bath and Beyond). They come in various sizes and with various types of lids/sticks.
- Small glasses, such as shot glasses. A number of recipe authors used small glasses for molds, such as little shot glasses. If you already have these on hand, that's perfect. Otherwise, you should be able to pick up a small set without spending too much.
- Ice cube trays. In a pinch, ice cube trays are always an easy options. Additionally, if you want to serve smaller Popsicles, this is something to consider.
- Please note: Unless you are using molds that come with handles or sticks, make sure that you include sticks in your Popsicle mixtures before freezing them. Most people opt for craft sticks, which are available in the kid craft section of big box stores.
Ice. If you will be serving Popsicles at a party and not everyone is eating one right away, make sure to keep them in molds and on ice so that there is minimal melting.
As margaritas are one of the most popular alcoholic drinks out there, I'm sure it's not a surprise that the Popsicle versions are also one of the most popular choices. I found by far more strawberry recipes than anything else. Watermelon is another classic choice. Of course you can switch up the fruits any way you like. Scroll down for a honeydew cucumber margarita recipe from Endless Simmer, too.
There are a handful of recipes I found that contain multiple fruits and have carefully poured layers as pictured on the right. This is not necessary for a delicious Popsicle, but the extra effort will add a great aesthetic that will wow your guests. Also, please check out the sour cream, cherry, and tequila recipe. Can you get a much more amazing set of ingredients?
For those of you who enjoy mint, a mojito is always a great choice. Turning the drink into a Popsicle is about the only thing that could make it more appealing. This seems like an ideal choice for a bridal shower, bachelorette party, or other girly gathering.
The Many Uses of the Bamix Professional Immersion Blender
Beer is best served cold, right? Why not go ahead and freeze it? This recipe has detailed step by step photos and directions as well as tips for customizing the ingredients that you can add to the beer. Check out thekitchn.com for more great beer recipes, too.
Other Cocktails and More
There were a handful of recipes that for cocktails and other drinks that didn't fit in anywhere else. The links here include recipes for
- Tangerine Screwdriver
- Lime Rickey
- Watermelon Rum
- Tangerine Rum
- Blackberry Bramble
- Salty Dog (grapefruit)
Recipes from Endless Simmer
Last summer, the web site Endless Simmer put together an awesome list of alcoholic Popsicles. I couldn't possibly begin to pick just a couple for this article, so I'm providing the link for the entire list. It includes the following recipes:
Endless Simmer Recipes
Honeydew Cucumber Margarita
Bourbon Peaches & Cream
Strawberry Peach Vodka Collins
Cantaloupe and Kiwi Daquiri
4th of July Cocktail Cooler
Mango Maui Mai Tai
Cherry Apple Whiskey Sour
Mixed Berry Gimlet
Fig & Clementine Port Wine
White and Black Russians
Bourbon Butterscotch Latte
Sex on the Beach
An Easy Cheat Suggestion for Making Alcoholic Popsicles
If you already have a non-alcoholic Popsicle recipe or kind of non-alcoholic store bought Popsicles that you love, you can easily add a little alcohol to it with this simple trick. Fill wine glasses or other glasses of your choosing with a little wine or champagne before adding your Popsicles. Check out this blog post for Mango Strawberry Mimosa Pop and Mint Grapefruit Margarita Pop recipes, too.
Are you looking for some non-alcoholic Popsicle recipes? Check this out!
- Cantaloupe Popsicles - a Healthy Seasonal Recipe
Want a delicious, refreshing, and fun way to get more fruit into your diet and satisfy your sweet cravings at the same time? This recipe for cantaloupe popsicles is both incredibly easy and quick.
- Home Made Popsicle Recipes - Easy, Cheap, Fast and Delicious!
- Healthy frozen food and drink recipes!
If you're interested in healthy smoothie and popsicles you have come to the right place! Keep reading for recipes!
Bomb Pop Recipe
More Great Party Planning Resources
- 30th Birthday Party Ideas: Themes, Supplies, Decorations, Gifts, and More
This article is about 30th birthday party ideas. It includes themes, supplies, decorations, gifts, greeting cards, and more. There are lots of photos and resources.
- DIY: Postcard Party Invitations with Microsoft Publisher
This hub is a DIY tutorial for postcard party invitations that you can create with Microsoft Publisher. It includes photos as well as additional resources.
- Button Wedding Theme Ideas: Bouquets, Wedding Cakes, Invitations, Favors, and More
This article is about ideas for a button themed wedding. It includes information about bouquets, wedding cakes, invitations, favors, and more. There are lots of photos and resources.