How to Make Amba Burfi Recipe
Delicious Amba Burfi
Yummy Mango Burfi
The mango is indigenous to the Indian subcontinent. Cultivated in many tropical and subtropical regions and distributed widely in the world, mango is one of the most extensively exploited fruits for food, flavor, juice and color.
Mangoes are widely used in cuisine. Unripe, sour mangoes are used in pickles, chutneys and side dishes too or may be eaten raw with salt, soy sauce or chili. Ripe mangoes are also used to make curries. Aamras is a popular pulp made of mangoes with sugar or milk and consumed along with chapati or bread.
In Central America, mango is either eaten green with pepper, salt and hot sauce, or ripe in various forms. In other parts of South-east Asia, mangoes are pickled with rice vinegar, fish sauce. Green mangoes can be used in mango salad with dried shrimps and fish sauce. Mango may be used as a topping to shaved ice along with condensed milk.
The mango is the national fruit of India, Bangladesh, Pakistanand the Philippines. Mango blossoms are also used in the worship of the goddess Saraswati. Alphonso and Kesar mango varieties are considered among the best mangoes in India's Southern states while Langda and Dussehri varieties are most popular in the northern states.
Here I am going to write the steps how to make quick and delicious "Amba Burfi Recipe" sure you will love to make and eat too.
- 1 cup Alphonso mango pulp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 to 6 cashewnut for garnishing
- 2 tbs ghee (toop)
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup khoya
1) Heat the ghee in a thick bottom pan.
2) Add the mango pulp. Saute it continuously for 5 to 10 minutes over medium heat.
3) Now add sugar and cardamom powder , cashews and mix well.
4) Then add milk and stir continuously till all milk, and pulp gets absorbed and becomes very thick, remove from flame.
5) Grease a plate and pour the mixture into the plate. Press and pat gently.
6) Keep aside and let it cool. Cut into small diamond size shapes.
7) Garnish with grated khoya and cashews (optional) too.