Fresh Homeade Mashed Bean Dip Recipe
Home Made Bean Dip rating
Fresh Homemade Bean Dip
- 2 cups Beans can be pinto kidney or any other common bean
- As many as you like but would recomend 1-2 for every 2 cups of beans Jalapenos, can be chopped or whole but remember to take off the top part
- 1/4 lb Some sort of meat such as pork or beef, meat should be cut up so it is more easily smashed with beans
- 6-8 cups Water
Instructions and Preparation
- Pour 2 cups of beans into a measuring cup
- Get a whole jalapeno and take of the top do not chop up so full flavor can be absorbed into beans during cook time.
- get chopped meat(meat does not need to be precooked for this)
- Get a large pot to cook beans in must be able to hold 8 cups of water. Then find a lid for this pot so during cooking boiling water does not spill out.
- Sort out any rocks or other undesirables that may be found in the beans then add to pot. then add enough water to cover the beans which should be around six or seven cups.
- Put the heat on low and cook beans for 1-2 hours. after beans are soft and chewy mash them in a large pan that can hold at least two cups of water so beans can be mashed inside the pan properly.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on the beans once done. Make sure not to buy pre-grated cheese because they put wood pulp in it and humans can't digest wood, so buy a block of any cheese you desire instead.
- If beans are dry and hard add milk to re-hydrate beans and reheat beans until they are at a desirable hydration level.
How to get bean dip at the right consistency
Using a blender is good for get the flavor mixed in with the beans, but i would recommend buying a hard plastic or metal bean masher and to mash the bean a a medium temperature to keep in moisture.
p.s. Also adding flavorful salsa and shredded cheese makes it better
Here is video on how to make Bean Dip
Basic nutrition of beans
- serving size 1 cup (182 g)
- Calories 255
- Total fat 1.1 g 1%
- Saturated fat 0.2 g 1%
- Polyunsaturated fat 0.9 g
- Monounsaturated fat 0.3 g
- Trans fat 0 g
- Sodium 0 mg 0%
- Potassium 708 mg 20%
- Total Carbohydrate 47 g 15%
- Dietary fiber 19 g 76%
- Sugar 0.7 g
- percents based on daily value