How to Make Cappuccino at Home just like Starbucks
Have you ever though how Starbucks makes that perfect cappuccino in just minutes? Truth is cappuccino is very easy to make. Now you can learn how to make cappuccino by following these simple instructions.
What you will need:
- 1/3 cup milk, (cold)
- frothing pitcher
- espresso machine with a steam wand, or cappuccino machine
- espresso coffee
- cinnamon or nutmeg, (optional)
How to make cappuccino
- Press the "steam" button on your espresso maker. Release the steam wand briefly to get rid of residual moisture in the wand.
- Fill 1/3 of a metal pitcher with cold milk.
- Submerge the tip of the steam wand about 1/2 inch below the milk's surface and begin steaming. As the foam rises slowly lower the pitcher so the wand tip remains submerged about 1/2 inch in the milk. Keep the wand steady and parallel to the side of the pitcher. Steam until the milk has doubled in volume.
- *Once done, set aside milk for approximately 30 seconds. This allows the milk densities to separate. If you would like to speed up this process, you can do what Starbucks or most coffee shops baristas are doing by knocking the frothing pitcher on a table, this will separate the steam from the milk*
- Brew espresso coffee into your latte cup. Pour steamed milk over the espresso slowly to prevent breaking the froth. Spoon the milks froth to the cups rim.
- Your cappuccino should be about 1/3 espresso or less, 1/3 steamed milk, and 1/3 foamed milk. You can garnish your drink by sprinkling some cinnamon or nutmeg on top of the foam.