- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make Carmel Puff Corn
Carmel Corn without the Kernels
This recipe is wonderful ooey gooey goodness that is addictive. This is similar to carmel corn in taste but so much better and without the kernels or popcorn pieces to get stuck between your teeth.
- 1 (8oz) bag Puff Corn
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions to Make Carmel Puff Corn
- Place Puff Corn in a large roaster pan
- In a sauce pan bring the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to a boil, then cook for 2 minutes
- Add the baking soda - The mixture will foam up - Don't you love science!
- Stir well and remove from heat
- Pour the mixture over the puff corn in the roaster and bake at 250* over for 45 minutes, stiring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from over, spread out onto parchment paper or wax paper to cool - if you don't have that available try a non wood cutting board.
I didn't say it was healthy
|Serving size: 0.5 oz|
|Calories from Fat||144|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 16 g||25%|
|Saturated fat 8 g||40%|
|Carbohydrates 23 g||8%|
|Sugar 11 g|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 31 mg||10%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|