- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Make Cauliflower Soup
This is a fairly quick recipe that I make for dinner. My husband likes it and my toddler loves it. I overcook the pasta when I make it because it is easier for her but you can cook it to your liking. Remember though it will continue to cook once you turn off the heat so if you don't like a soft noodle then turn it off when it is really al dente.
- 1-2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- one head of cauliflower, rinsed, cored and cut into bit sized pieces
- 1 large or 2 small potatoes, peeled and cut into bit sized pieces
- 1/2 pound pasta (elbow or other small shape)., What really works well is cut up spaghetti. It doesn't grow as much. See link below for picture
- salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot (approx 5 quart size) over a medium flame. Add the cut cauliflower and about a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add water to the pot until it reaches somewhere in between 1/2 to 3/4 full...closer to 3/4. Bear in mind you need to add more ingredients so you don't want it over 3/4 full... a little less is better.
- Add in the cut potato as well as another teaspoon or two of salt and some pepper to taste.
- Put the lid on the pot and let it boil until the potatoes and cauliflowe are tender. Taste for seasoning. You may need to add a bit more salt (and pepper if you like it. I usually go easy on the pepper and my husband who likes the flavor adds it to his own bowl)
- Once the seasoning is right add the pasta to the pot and let it boil until desired tenderness. Remember don't overcook as the pasta will continue to cook once the heat is off.
- Check again for seasoning. You may need more salt after adding the pasts. Voila, you are done. You can serve with some grated cheese on top if you like.