How to Make Chakali, India's Popular Diwali Snack
Delicious Murukku Recipe
- Take 1 cup chakali/murukku flour (chakali bhajani). - Add all the ingredients and add little lukewarm water to knead the dough. Make a soft dough.
- To make chakali the ingredients are :- 1 or 2 tbs red chili powder- 1 tbs carom seeds (azwain) - 2 tbs sesame seeds - salt to taste - oil for frying.
- This utensil is used to make chakali, sev, papdi. - Grease little oil from inside to chakali maker (utensil).
- I have used one single star to make the chakali you can use three star to make different shapes. - Put enough dough in it. - Press and move into circular motion to make chakali.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry chakali until they turn in golden color and crispy on a medium flame. - Take them out on a paper towel and keep them aside to cool. - Serve with hot tea or coffee.