How to Make Chicken Croquettes
Rate my Recipe
This recipe of chicken croquettes is so simple and easy that even a beginner can try and it will come out delicious. Kids as well as adults love croquettes because of so many reasons. I like chicken croquettes because they are lighter than nuggets , soft and juicy yet have a crispy outer coating. They are small and bite size so go well as a snack to munch on and are an ideal thing to pack in children's lunch or snack boxes. Let us see how chicken croquettes are prepared from scratch at home, with only a few common ingredients.
- 1 lb Minced chicken, ground meat of Chicken
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Black pepper, Ground
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste, Powder can be used
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste, or Powder
- 1 cup Bread cumbs, (Progresso bread crumbs are the best.Use flavored or plain)
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- Cooking oil for frying
How to Fry the Croquettes
- Take a pot and add 1 tbsp of oil and heat.
- Add ginger and garlic paste to the oil along with minced chicken meat and stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and turn the flame t lowest setting and cover the pot.
- Cook for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the minced meat leaves its water which dries up almost completely.
- Keep close eye on cooking meat and stir occasionally to prevent burning or sticking to the bottom.
- When the water dries up,turn off the flame and let the mixture cool down completely.
- In a mixing bowl break two eggs and beat very well with a tbsp of water(yes water!) or milk and put the beaten eggs aside.
- When mixture cools down,add a pinch of onion powder (optional) and mix well. Give mixture the shape of small ovals which are abot the same size actually a bit smaller than nuggets.
- See pictures for direction on shaping the croquettes.
- Now heat oil in a pan for shallow frying or deep frying if desired.Electric fryer can be used as well.
- Now spread bread crumbs in a plate and keep it near on counter. Roll croquettes in the bread crumbs then dip in beaten egg ,then coat them in bread crumbs again and keep placing them slowly in the hot oil.
- Cook croquettes on all sides until light brown and crispy. Serve with hot sauce or ketchup.
Chicken croquettes can be prepared and then saved in the freezer for up to a month.Just take out from freezer and fry them whenever need to serve . There is no need to thaw or defrost before frying.Make sure to pack them properly in a plastic wrap or a zip lock bag in a way that they keep their shape. Do not forget to tell me how you liked my recipe.
According to fatsecret.com
|Serving size: 2 croquettes|
|Calories from Fat||45|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 5 g||8%|
|Saturated fat 1 g||5%|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Sugar 3 g|
|Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 10 mg||3%|
|Sodium 360 mg||15%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|