- Food and Cooking
How to Make Chicken Soup with Wild Rice and Mushroom
This chicken soup with wild rice and mushrooms is very healthy and suitable for winter. It will keep you warm in freezing temperature. A large bowl of this chicken soup with wild rice and mushrooms is an idea for dinner or lunch. The wild rice gives an unusual flavor that tastes delicious with chicken and mushroom.
If you want to add more veggies then you can add more mushrooms with green veggies such as frozen peas, asparagus and spinach. Ensure that you add them in last few minutes of cooking.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 3 Cups Carrots, Sliced
- 3 Cups Onions, Sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
- 1 Cups Celery, Chopped
- 7 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cup Wild Rice
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme, Dried
- 3 Cups Mushrooms, Sliced
- 3 Cups Cooked Chicken
- 1 Cup White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pepper
- 1 Cup Parsley
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Chicken Soup with Wild Rice and Mushroom
- First, dissolve the butter in a medium size pan and after that add carrots, onions, mushrooms, garlic, and celery.
- After that stir vegetable for 3 to 5 minutes till it becomes soft.
- Later, add the stock, rice, thyme and bay leaves.
- Add all the ingredients, simmer it for 45 minutes with the covered lid.
- Next, add chicken, wine, and 1 tablespoon salt and pepper.
- At last, continue to cook it till all ingredients are very well cooked and garnish with chopped parsley. Finally, chicken soup with wild rice and mushrooms is ready to serve.
Nutritional Information of Chicken Soup with Wild Rice and Mushroom
|Serving size: 4|
|Calories from Fat||144|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 16 g||25%|
|Carbohydrates 14 g||5%|
|Cholesterol 48 mg||16%|
|Sodium 751 mg||31%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
© 2017 Ashi