- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes»
- Cookies & Biscuits
How to Make Chilli Chocolate Cookies
About Chilli Chocolate Cookies
I first came across this amazing recipe for chilli chocolate cookies back when I was in high school. It very quickly became a favourite of my friend group to the point that we would have them every Friday in History class.
When I went to university I was able to use this recipe to punish my flatmate who kept stealing my food but couldn't cope with spicy food at all. I whipped up a batch and left it sitting temptingly on the kitchen table, one sorry stolen cookie later and he never stole food from me again!
This recipe is a must if you're looking for something a bit different and creative, and the spice level can be customised to your taste! Scroll down for the ingredients and instructions. If you try this recipe please comment below on how it went, enjoy!
- 100g Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tea Spoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Cinnamon, (Ground)
- 50g Butter
- 50g Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tea Spoon Chilli Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 75g Dark Chocolate, (Chips or Chopped)
- Stir together all of the dry ingredients, except the chocolate, sugar and chilli
- Rub in the butter
- Stir in the sugar and chilli
- Add the golden syrup. Mix, then kneed with hands
- Kneed in the chocolate, then divide into twelve (12) balls. Put on baking tray covered in greaseproof paper
- Put in the oven at 180C (356F) for 8-10 minutes
Hints & Tips
This recipe can be used to play a fun game of Cookie Roulette. Instead of putting the chilli in the whole batter, put all of the chilli into one cookie! Then have each of your friends take a cookie to see who gets the super spicy cookie! This is a great game for sleepovers, office parties or to play during a group live stream!