Appetizers: How To Make Chilli Paneer, A Popular Chinese Appetizer
Chilli Paneer is a chinese starter/appetizer, a popular dish in indian restaurants. The tantalizing taste and tempting looks makes it irresistible.. Children love to munch favorite spicy paneer.
Chilli Paneer- Restaurant Style
- 200 gm paneer, cut in 1 cm cubes
- fistful fresh peas
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, cut lengthwise
- 1/2 cup onion, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup tomato, cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour/maida
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/8 tsp sugar, optional
- oil, For sauteing+deep frying paneer
- salt, to taste
- 2 no green chilli, to grind
- 4-5 cloves garlic cloves, to grind
- 1 inch piece ginger, to grind
- 6 no cashew nuts, to grind
- 1/4 cup cilantro/coriander leaf, chopped
Step-by-step images of making Chilli Paneer
- Keep ready the ingredients as per instructions. This helps in easy cooking. Take all purpose flour, corn flour, red chilli powder and salt in a bowl. Prepare a thin liquid batter, by adding water. Keep aside.
- Grind green chilli, ginger, cashew nuts and garlic to make a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Immerse paneer pieces in hot water. Drain, run cold water on it. Strain the paneer. Heat oil for frying paneer. Dip the paneer pieces in the batter. Deep fry in medium heat for 2-3 minutes or till they turn crispy. Remove on an absorbent paper towel. Repeat it for the entire paneer pieces.
Chilli paneer cooking in progress
Heat some oil in a pan. Throw onion, saute it till it becomes transparent. Add fresh peas and bell pepper pieces. Continue cooking for one minute. Add tomato and continue cooking for one more minute. No need to add water while cooking.
Pour ground paste to the pan. You may add few drops of water, if required. Stir fry the ground masala paste along with the other contents. Wow.. you will experience a heavenly aroma now. Yes !! garlic-ginger-green chilli combination starts emitting nice smell. Lower the flame.
Pour soya sauce, tomato sauce, sugar (optional) and salt. Add fried paneer pieces. Mix well. See that paneer pieces are evenly coated with the masala. Switch off the flame. Transfer the chilli paneer to a serving bowl. Yummy chilli paneer is ready to serve. Garnish it with chopped cilantro/coriander.
Another variation from this recipe
You can use Chilli paneer both as a starter and as a curry. For cooking it as a starter, you should use more oil and less or no water ; for preparing curry/gravy, you must add a little quantity of water and less oil in the recipe. In both cases, it should be semi-solid only. Both these types taste heavenly. It is a favorite dish for children and young adults. Amazing fact is, it tastes good even when it is cold. Hence, you can use this curry for tiffin box. It goes well with flat bread, chapati, roti, naan etc.
Chilli paneer nutrition information
|Serving size: 128.5g (1/2 cup)|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 20 g||7%|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 6 g||12%|
|Cholesterol 47 mg||16%|
|Sodium 880 mg||37%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|