How to Make Chocolate Gravy
Other Great Recipes!
- Gift Wrap Something Sweet For The Holidays- Easy 10 ...
Easy Microwaveable Chocolate Candy and Dessert Recipes Easy Candy Recipes Need a great, unique gift for the holidays? These easy and mouth watering recipes are sure to please and make the perfect gift for giving during the holiday season!
- Low Carb Dessert Recipes - Egg Custard Pie
This is a wonderful low carb dessert recipe for old-fashioned egg custard pie.
Are you hosting a brunch and looking for something to liven up plain biscuits or an unusual dipping sauce for fruit or bread? Chocolate and gravy may sound like two things that shouldn't be mixed together, but think of it as liquid fudge compliments of good ole southern cooking. You can even put the chocolate gravy leftovers in a refrigerator-safe bowl and you'll have something very similar to fudge in a few hours. This chocolate gravy recipe has pleased generations of adults, children and adolescents, and is sure to win smiles. The only item you'll need is a sauce pan similar to what you'd use to make spaghetti sauce.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. cocoa
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 5 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
- Heat the 4 cups of milk in the sauce pan on low to medium heat. Be careful not to bring the milk to a boil!
- Blend the sugar, cocoa, salt and flour slowly, then add them slowly to the heated milk. Make sure to keep stirring at this point. (Chocolate gravy is not something that can be done while watching two toddlers, as stirring must be constant from this point forward.)
- Keep stirring over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil.
- Add the vanilla and butter/margarine, then stir for another 2 minutes until mixed thoroughly.
- Serve the chocolate gravy over warm biscuits, similar to the way you would with normal biscuits and gravy, or crescent rolls. Chocolate gravy can also be used as a fruit dip.
This recipe serves roughly six to seven people if poured over biscuits, and serves even more if used as dip.