How to Make Cucumber Spa Water
Cucumber Water ~
Cucumbers are a great fresh fruit to have in your fridge not only to eat but to use in your very own spa water recipe and for utilising in home spa treatments.
It’s cooling, refreshing and tightening properties are a fact when you use a cucumber for skin benefits.
Many people ask the question what I can make with cucumbers?
Well apart from food recipes and beauty products, I am here to broaden the list of uses by showcasing Cucumber Spa Water, with an easy to make, no nonsense recipe, benefits of ingredients, tips and alternative suggestions.
Keep Hydrated Drink Water
Would you be keen to try this Cucumber Spa Water?
Eight Glasses a Day ~
Are you struggling to drink your recommended eight glasses of water a day?
I know I find it harder in the winter months to drink water regularly. This cucumber recipe is more refreshing, more beneficial and tons more appealing in my quest to drink more water.
Buying bottled water has become a non entity in my bid to cut down on spending needlessly.
Considering I would have bought at least 2 bottles of mineral water a day at easily €1.40 a bottle, it was costing me €9.80 per week.
An expense I don’t need and would be served better by spending the money on good organic cucumbers, lemons and mint as I do not grow my own at present.
I have found by adding a few extra ingredients has really improved the overall taste and appeal factor to tap water.
A pitcher of chilled, iced cucumber and lemon water looks so much more inviting on a dinner table than a plain jug of water, don’t you think?
Let us look at the benefits of this Spa Water and the three key flavours ~
Pure Health in a Glass
Grow or Buy Organic Cucumbers
Benefits of Cucumber Spa Water ~
- Zero Calories
- Chemical Free
- Natural Flavours
- Easy to Drink
- Better Food Digestion
- Healthy Skin
- Use in Conjunction with a Calorie Controlled Diet
- Flushes Toxins
Benefits of Cucumbers ~
- Anti- Inflammatory
- Anti- Cancer Benefits
- Rich in Antioxidants
- Peeled skin gives sweeter flavour
- Naturally cools drinks and skin
Benefits of Lemon ~
- Stimulates Liver Function
- Strengthens Veins
- Lowers High Blood Pressure
- Boosts Immune System
- Citric Acid, Vitamin C
- Fights Colds, Flu and Fever
Benefits of Mint ~
- Aids Digestion
- Stops Colitis
- Helps Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Vitamins A, C and B12
- Natural Diuretic
- Minty- Fresh Breath
Fresh Lemon a Perfect Partner with Cucumber
Grow Your Own Mint
Cucumber, Lemon and Mint Spa Water
Cucumber Spa Water Recipe ~
1 Cucumber sliced and unpeeled
½ Lemon sliced
4-5 Mint sprigs
2 litres tap water
You Will Need:
1 Jug or Pitcher to fit in fridge
- Fill Jug with cold tap water.
- Add in sliced cucumber, keeping 6 aside for decoration later.
- Add slices of lemon.
- Add 3 mint sprigs and give a stir to mix.
- Pop it into the fridge to chill. 24 hours if possible will give the best results.
- When serving, remove the cucumber slices and replace with the 6 kept aside.
- Add ice cubes, give a stir and add the remaining 2 mint sprigs.
The longer you leave the cucumber chilling the better.The cucumber, lemon and mint will infuse the water with maximum flavour.
Ideal to serve this at family dinners, parties and any special occasions.
Keep a pitcher of this spa water in the fridge to use daily and you will find you are drinking more water keeping your water intake high. Aim to drink a glass at every meal plus in between each meal to hit your goal of eight glasses daily.
Vote for Cucumber Spa Water
Other Water Spa ideas ~
- Substitute lemons for lime, grapefruit or orange slices or both for a tasty alternative flavour with similar benefits.
- Fruit flavoured tea bags, ideal for kids to get them off sugar based drinks. Buy a variety pack and let kids choose their own flavour. They will love the different coloured waters and be enthusiastic about drinking. Just pop them into cold water and that’s it, easy!
- Be creative with ice cubes. Chop or grate little pieces of fruit, vegetables or herbs into your ice cube trays. Then add to your pitcher or individual glasses for added benefits and interest.
- Squeeze juices from your fruit into the ice cubes for extra zing!
- Strawberry, Watermelon, Lemon juice and Rosemary
- Apple, Cucumber and Mint
- Raspberry, Lime and Mint
- Watermelon and Rosemary
- Blackberry and Sage
- Mix of all citrus fruits
- Pineapple and Mint
More DIY Beauty from The Author ~
- Rosewater and Lemon Face Wash Recipe
Making a rosewater and lemon face wash takes no time to make and will give you wonderful rejuvenated skin. You may also want to make your own rosewater using rose petals so read on for a face wash recipe and how to make your own rosewater.
- Nettle Plant Tonic Recipe
Nettle or Stinging Nettles make a powerful and beneficial tonic that is hard to beat. Growing wild nettle plants are available free of charge to make up into teas, infusions and tinctures that benefit the entire body.
- Homemade Cucumber Face Wash Recipe
A homemade cucumber face wash is easy to make and much more beneficial to your skin than store bought varieties. Here is a face wash recipe that is cost effective, chemical free and suitable for all ages, sexes and skin types.
Author Info ~
Information on the author, her bio and full body of works available @ Suzie HQ
Credit to homesteadbound ~
All dividers used in this hub are used with permission granted on hub, Creating Dividers to Use on Your Hubs