- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to Make Frito Pie - Southern Style Recipe
This makes me hungry just thinking about this particular dish. Frito Pie - Southern Style was one of my mothers favorite dishes!! and MINE too :))
I will be listing a step by step easy to understand guide on how to make this Awesome Recipe!
So I hope you enjoy this recipe, and please have a look at more of my recipes for dips, and home made foods from scratch!!
Ingredients that you will be using in this Recipe
Here are the ingredients you will be using to make this recipe:
- 2 lbs of Hamburger meat ( or buffalo hamburger meat ) (Turkey ground meat) optional
- 2 Cans of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 Bag of Fritos (large bag)
- 1- red onion
- 1 clove of garlic minced ( or buy in glass jar) 1-2 teaspoons
- 1 head of Lettuce
- 1 Large Tomato or several small Roma tomatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese ( 1 large package )
Kitchen Utensils you will be using:
- 1 Large frying pan
- 1 large spoon
- Sharp Knife or Food Processor
Instructions on how to Prepare your Frito Pie - Southern Style!
Cooking the Meat:
Take your Red Onion and Mince, Fresh Garlic(minced ), then take your ground meat (beef, buffalo or Turkey) and brown with with the onions and garlic on med-high heat until thoroughly cooked.
Med-high to cook meat
Adding the Beans:
once the meat is browned take your 2 cans of ranch style beans and mix this into your meat. Continue to cook on Medium heat, letting the beans flavor the meat and heat up as well.
Med when adding the beans
Making your Plates:
Once this is Cooked.
- First, Take your bag of Frito's and put this on your plate (small or large amount),
- then layer on your meat with the beans,
- and on top of this your shredded cheese (any style of cheese)
- then your lettuce (shredded)
- and tomato (Chopped)
- Ranch Style Beans have different flavors: Sweet Onion, Jalapeno and Regular
- Optional (sour cream topping )
- guacamole/avocado dip
- Salsa, etc
- Add chopped or minced onions on top as well.
You can not go wrong with Southern Style Cooking, its like your always eating just Great Tasting Food! At home.
Its much healthier to eat at home than to eat out at restaurants plus the food just tastes better.
I hope you enjoyed my "Frito Pie - Southern Style Recipe" and please check out my other southern style recipes as they are a great addition to cooking at home.