- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy to Make Recipe: Funnel Cakes
Have Fun with Funnel Cakes
You are here for the funnel cake recipe but I've also included a few things to do with the kids for fun.
If you're making funnel cakes, you might as well make a fun night out of it!
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Tbl Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Oil, Heat in saucepan
- 1 Bag Powdered Sugar, For sprinkling over cooked funnel cake
- Before you make the mixture, place at least 2 cups of oil in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. The oil has to be hot before you place the mixture in but we'll get to that.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth in texture. Make sure it is not too thick.
- You may want to use an actual funnel unless you feel comfortable hand pouring the funnel in a swirl shape.
- Pour the batter into the hot oil while using a swirling motion. (Just like you've seen them make at the carnival)
- Fry in the oil until both sides are golden brown and remove using tongs.
- Place the funnel cake on a paper towel on a plate to drain the excess oil left over. Do this before sprinkling powdered sugar or it will clump.
- Sift the powdered sugar and then sprinkle over the funnel cake.
- BONUS: If you aren't partial to powdered sugar, consider using chocolate drizzle (lightly) instead!
What Do You Think of This Recipe?
Other Items You'll Need for "Carnival Night" at Home
Sure, you won't have a Ferris Wheel or a clown but the kids will still have a good time.
If you are looking for a rainy day activity, slumber party fun or just something to keep the kids occupied; then add these few (inexpensive) items to your night of fun!
FACE PAINTING: Using simple acrylic paint and a thin paintbrush, you can create hours of fun!
HOMEMADE PLAY DOUGH: Kids love the dough and you'll love saving the dough ;) Easy to make.
CHARADES: This requires nothing more than a few pieces of paper and an imagination.
BALLOON ANIMALS: You can purchase the balloons needed to make balloon animals for less than a couple bucks at the craft store.
CAKE WALK: Make little cupcakes and have a cake walk using music from the iPod or radio.
JELLYBEAN COUNT: Fill a jar with jellybeans (or M&M's) and have an old-fashioned guessing game.
MOVIE TIME: When it's time to settle down after all of the fun, spread out a lot of blankets, stack up all the pillows in the house and put on the movie.
Try Caramel Corn in Baggies for a Complete Carnival Style Snack Night!
- Microwave Caramel Corn
Party appetizer recipes that are fast and easy to make.
Of Course You'll Need Party Punch!
- How to Make Party Punch
If you are looking for a new drink recipe for the next party or get together, try this delicious 7UP and Sherbert party punch.
Kids Love Pizza: Start With the Crust
- How to Make Pizza Crust
Skip delivery and make a fresh homemade pizza for dinner tonight