How to Make Gluten Free Banana Bread
Rate this banana bread!
This recipe is gluten free for those with dietary restrictions. You can find these ingedients at most high end or specialty grocery stores.
Millet is the smallest of all grains and a perfect replacement for flour in baking recipes. Brown rice flour gives a good nutty flavor and is created from whole rice kernels. The xanthan gum replaces the gluten in a traditional banana bread recipe.
- 5 Tbsp Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 C Bananas, mashed
- 1 C Brown rice flour
- 3/4 C Millet flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Thoroughly grease a loaf pan or line with foil and coat the foil with a cooking spray.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, thoroughly beating after each. Beat in the bananas and 1/3 C of water, mixing on low for 1 minute. Combine all dry ingredients, and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in walnuts if you want them.
- Pour batter in the prepped loaf pan--bake for 50-55 minutes. The center should be springy to the touch. Remove from oven and cool for 5 to 10 minutes. If you used the foil, pull the edges to remove the loaf from the pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.