- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes»
- Quick & Easy Dinners
Homemade Beef Burgers Recipe
Tasty Beef Burgers
Homemade Beef Burgers with potato and carrots.
Beef burgers and Chicken burgers are my favourites from McDonalds food. But one day, I decided to make my own beef burgers at home. It tastes so much better actually than the frozen burgers that we buy from the supermarket. Also it takes only a few minutes to prepare and cook. Ideal for speedy but tasty suppers or even lunch. You can make quite a few then freeze some for later use. I love chicken burgers with chips but occasionally I buy the beef burgers with cheese and salad. If I have a take away from KFC or McDonalds it will be cheese beef burgers and chicken sandwich.
Picture of my Homemade beef burgers
Speedy Beef Burgers
Ingredients for Homemade Beef Burgers
- .250 (kg) British Beef Steak Mince
- 3 pieces spring onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 piece carrot, grated
- 1 piece potato, medium size
- salt and pepper
- 1 piece egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup cooking oil, for frying
- pinch of chilli powder, optional
How to cook homemade beef burgers
- First gather all the ingredients, chopped the onions.
- Peel and grate the garlic, potatoes and carrots, put them in a big bowl with the chopped onions, mix them all.
- Add the beef steak mince and add the salt and pepper and chilli powder(can omit the chilli if you don't like hot and spicy burgers)
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl, beat the egg in a separate small bowl
- Take two or three tablespoonsful of the beef mixture, put it on your palm and make a round ball then flatten it using both of your palms
- Then dip the Flattened beef burger in the bowl with the beaten egg and then shallow fry it with the heated frying oil until brown and crispy.
- Homemade beef burgers can be accompanied by homemade chipped potatoes and salad or any vegetables
- Or put it in a sandwich or roll with ketchup or mayonnaise.
Home made burgers
You can also use onion bulbs if you have no spring onions. Spring onions is better for me but if you prefer onion bulb then it is okay to use that as well. You can add any spice you like and remove the chilli if you don't like it spicy. With this recipe, you can add any ingredients or spices that you like really.
© 2013 Linda Bryen