- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Easy to Make Recipe: Hot Water Cornbread
Hot Water Cornbread. How many of you remember this inexpensive and easy to make fried bread?
Not to worry, you don't use too much oil and you can substitute for a healthier option like corn oil.
One more tip; consider using a seasoned corn meal to add flavor.
- 2 Cups Corn Meal
- 1 Tsp Salt
- Combine cornmeal and salt in bowl.
- Heat skillet on stovetop with enough oil to cover bottom of pan – get the oil really hot before frying the cornbread.
- Pour hot water into cornmeal a little at a time and stir – do not make too soupy but wet enough to drop by spoonfuls into hot oil.
- Cook until brown, flip over, and brown other side.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve hot.