How to Make Jeera Rice Recipe (Cumin Seeds Rice)
Simple And Quick Cumin Seeds Rice
Jeera rice is an Indian rice made with cumin seeds. In North India it is a popular dish, a daily eating rice dish. It is easy to prepare unlike a biryani.
- 1 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 2 bay leafs
- 3 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbs ghee or oil
- 3 to 4 cashews
- 3 raisins
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 tbs cumin seeds
- 2 cups of water (more if needed)
- salt to taste
1) Take 1 1/2 cup basmati rice in a bowl.
2) Wash the rice and soak in water for half an hour.
3) Heat ghee in thick pan, add cashews, raisins and fry until brown and keep aside.
4) Add bay leafs, cumin seeds and let it splutter.
5) Add water and let it boil.
6) Add salt, soaked rice to it and stir.
7) Cover with a lid over medium flame until rice cooked.
8) Serve rice with curry or dal.