Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie: Mouth Watering Dessert Recipe
A Peanut Butter Love Affair
I have always had a passionate affair with peanut butter. PB&J (Peanut Butter and Jelly) was the top of the menu for our sack lunches, not to mention that eating it by the spoonful straight from the jar was the best.
I love everything about peanut butter:
- A good source of protein
Peanut butter is a great source of protein! If you really like your nut-butters, additional great sources of non-meat protein are almond butter, sunflower, and seed butter. (Don't forget your ever popular sources of non-meat protein in beans and lentils.
- Perfect with toast (instead of butter)
- Excellent to cook and bake with
- Love it on celery sticks, crackers, or right off the spoon!
- Entertainment Purposes-(fun to watch my dog try to lick it from the roof of her mouth)
- Furniture repair.. yes furniture repair! What's that you say? Well.. ever get a scratch on your good piece of wood furniture? Try dabbing 1/2 tsp of peanut butter (smooth, not chunky) on the scratch and using a soft cloth, rub the peanut butter into the scratch. Ta Da! You are now a "Natural Wizard Furniture Repair Person!"
How Much do You Love Peanut Butter?
What is Your Favorite Way to Eat Peanut Butter?
Sophisticated Love of Peanut Butter
Of course, as I got older, my taste for peanut butter became sophisticated: Peanut butter shakes, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, and let’s not forget those delectable Nutter Butter cookies!
However, there is one peanut butter dessert that stands above the rest. I am talking about the mouth watering, scrumptious, peanut lover mind blowing, absolutely yummy sinful Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie!
Mouth Water Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie
This recipe is so easy and it tastes soooo good. Great dessert for any occasion!
What Every Kitchen Needs
Preparation and Freezing Time
- 1 qt. vanilla ice cream, (Slightly softened)
- 1/2 cup CHUNKY peanut butter, *(Smooth can be used as an option)
- 1/2 cup crushed unsalted peanuts
- 1 1/2 T. vanilla
- 1 10-Inch graham cracker crust
- **Note:(The regular graham cracker is normally use, however, I have tried this with the chocolate crust and OH- MY- GOODNESS!)
- Combine ice cream, peanut butter, 1/4 cup peanuts and vanilla in large bowl and mix well.
- Pour into crust and sprinkle with remaining peanuts. FREEZE.
- Decorate with chocolate syrup swirls and whipped cream.
About the Author
Lisa has directed and acted in musical theatre for nearly 30 years. Her musical upbringing allowed her to pursue her career in teaching and directing and continues to direct shows today. As the owner of 2 online Home Décor sites, Lisa’s passion for Rustic Living all begins with her love for the home, outdoors, and her many hobbies. Lisa loves to laugh, and she share’s that love through her comedic hubs centered on her MOM. Lisa’s passions include writing, directing, acting, photography, singing, cooking, crafts, gardening, and home improvement, including decorating. Lisa also writes under her penned name, Elizabeth Rayen.