How to Make Crispy Onion Rings
The is a fast and simple way to make the world's best onion rings! Do not hassle yourself with these other recipes that require more time and result in the batter falling off. These are by far the best!
Very easy for beginners and kids (to help)!
Onion Ring Recipe Ingredients
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Butter milk
- 1 Lemon, lemon wedge or juice to squeeze over finished onion rings
- 2 Onions (Red or Vidalia), chopped
- Vegetable Oil
- First peel and chop your onion on its side so you have the rings.
- Have your flour ready in a mixing bowl and place the onions in the flour.
- Now dip the onions into your bowl with the butter milk.
- Then place them back into the flour again (It can be helpful to have two flour bowls because the flour will clump, but one is just fine).
- Next place your onion rings on a tray.
- Pour the vegetable oil into the pot and set the stove at around 6-7 (stove setting may vary).
- Once the oil has begun to heat up, place your onion rings in the pot and make sure there is enough vegetable oil to cover them. Also, do not put them all in at the same time. Place what your pot allows.
- They should cook for about 2-3 minutes until the outer layers of the onion rings are light brown and appear crunchy.
- Once you have finished add the seasoning of salt, pepper, garlic power, red pepper flake, and lemon. Be sure to have fun and play around with the seasoning adding and subtracting things to cater it to your taste.
- Now grab that grub and enjoy!
For the Adventurous
While vidalia onions are traditionally used for onion rings, I prefer the taste of the red onions for onion rings (found out by a mistake). They are a sweeter and have more flavor. If you are curious buy one of each and compare.