How to Make Pizza Dough from Scratch
Simple to make - I wonder why I end up buying delivery which is not so delicio as they say, in my opinion, as well as being full of the bad stuff
This home made pizza satisfies those pizza cravings and provides nutritional value for the whole family. The fussy ones, the greedy ones and those who, well, just can't make up their minds....:-)
Ingredients for Dough
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp//1pk yeast
- 1tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil, (melt down coconut oil if using)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 425. In a large bowl combine hot water, sugar and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes until yeast is foamy. Stir in salt and olive or liquefied coconut oil
- Stir in flour 1/2 cup at a time until no flour remains. Knead dough for 2-3 minutes. Let rest in bowl, covered with a clean cloth for 30-40 minutes.
- Roll out pizza dough onto lightly floured board. Roll into as many bases as you wish to make and place on ungreased cookie sheets. The recipe will make two large, four small or a combination of large and small.
- Top with sauces, cheese, meat, vegetables of your choosing. Bake in centre of oven for 12-15 minutes. Result - a delicious thin crust and tasty pizza.