- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make Pokémon Pokeball Cookies
For all of you nerds out there, this is the perfect recipe to satisfy your nerdyness. Or for all of you parents out there, this is a great recipe to surprise your kids with. It is a very simple recipes that can include people of all ages.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- mini marshmallows
- red food coloring
- black frosting
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla and 4 eggs until smooth
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt till well blended.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture slowly one cup at a time to blend well. Once blended, take out half of the dough and set aside.
- To the remaining half, add red food coloring and mix until a deep red color is achieved. About 15-20 drops. Don't be shy with the red, too little and the dough will cook pink.
- Cover both half and chill dough for at least an hour. Once chilled, roll both into logs about the size you want your cookie. So about 3-4inches. Place these logs into the freezer for about 30mins.
- Place one egg and water into bowl, blend. Cut each log down the middle, long side. Match each red half with a white. Paint the halves with the egg/water wash so they stick to each other. Place back in freezer for 15mins.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Take dough from freezer. Cut into 1/2 inch thick pokeballs. If they come out less then perfect circles, you can take a round cookie cutter and make them all pretty and matching. Place cookies 1 inch apart on a cookie sheet.
- Pop them in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely. Take out your black icing and draw a line down the center where the red and white dough tough. Then in the center of the line, make a dime size circle, filled in. You can use any white round candy for this, but I find mini marshmallows to work great. Snip them in half and place into the round black icing.