How to Make Quick & Easy Oreo Truffles
These truffles are super easy to make and are always a crowd pleaser! There are many different variations that I have come up with over the years. Feel free to experiment and find your own!
The Basic Chocolate Oreo Truffle-
- 1 package (1 lb., 2 oz) Oreo cookies (regular or Double stuffed).
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese (Philadelphia brand preferred). Avoid fat free because it can alter the texture/taste of the truffles.
- 1 lbs semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips (Hershey's brand preferred).
Mint Chocolate Variation
Substitute regular Oreos for Mint Chocolate Oreos
Substitute Milk or Semi-Sweet Chocolate for Hershey's Mint Chocolate
Suggested Decoration: Oreo Crumbles
Double Chocolate Variation
Substitute regular Oreos for Double Chocolate Oreos (chocolate cookie and filling)
Suggested Decoration: White Chocolate Drizzle
- Crush the Oreo cookies (cream and all) into very fine crumbs. If you have a small blender (I use the Magic Bullet), you can pre-crumble the cookies by hand or with a meat cleaver, and then finish with the blender for finer, more even crumbs.
- Mix together 3 cups of the crumb mixture and the cream cheese until you get a consistent color and texture. For better results, refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes to 1 hour and then mix again. This makes a much smoother filling.
- Shape the filling into 40-45 balls (about 1" each). Make sure they are even and as round as possible, and then refrigerate for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate & dip each ball into the chocolate using 2 spoons or forks and place on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Make sure they are evenly covered. Keep them refrigerated until right before you are ready to dip them. If they become warm, they will soften and can break off and ruin the texture of the melted chocolate.
- You can sprinkle the extra crumbs or nuts over the truffles at this time for decoration and then refrigerate for 1 hour or until the chocolate has completely hardened. If you plan on decorating the truffles with drizzled chocolate instead, refrigerate the truffles first, and then drizzle the chocolate.
- Store the truffles refrigerated in a tightly sealed container. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving. Do not leave unrefrigerated for long periods of time, or the filling will separate.
Other Great Quick & Easy Recipe Hubs!
- Simple Cakes and Recipes
I've decided to do a hub or two on a hobby of mine; baking. I enjoy cooking most things, but cakes are my favourite - and my husbands! I don't actually eat many cakes myself, I get my enjoyment from watching...
- No Bake Cookies Recipe
No Bake Cookies are one of my all-time favorite cookie recipes. I have loved no bake cookies since I was little. They were served once a week at school for lunch. It was the only time I ate everything on my...
- 2 Easy Fudge Recipes
Do you love delicious homemade fudge? After trying several times (unsuccessfully) to make fudge at home, I discovered the secret ingredient for successful fudge. As weird as it seems, if you want a fudge...
- Apple Pie Recipe
* 5-6 apples * 1/2 cup sugar * 1 teaspoon butter * Few gratings of nutmeg * 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon * 2 pie crusts  Instructions 1. Roll out half the pie crust dough and line...