- Food and Cooking
How to Make Quick Breakfast Egg Omelette Sandwich Recipe
Egg Omelette Sandwich
An egg sandwich is a sandwich with some kind of egg filling. An omelette is a dish made from beaten eggs quickly cooked with butter or oil in a frying pan. Sliced boiled eggs are the popular one.
In the United States, a Spanish omelette is an omelette served with an often spicy sauce of tomatoes, onions, and bell peppers. Another variation is an omelette served on bread, toast or cornbread. A Thai omelette can be a kai yat sai which means literally "eggs, filled with stuffing". In the Philippines, the term for omelette is torta. An Indian omelette is usually made with the addition of spices which vary by region. In Japan an omelette filled with rice and usually served with a large amount of tomato ketchup. Omu-soba is an omelette with yakisoba as its filling.
An egg sandwich on a kaiser roll, biscuit, or bagel with the option of some sort of breakfast meat (breakfast bacon, ham, or sausage), and cheese making a breakfast sandwich. Fried egg and scrambled egg sandwiches are an alternative for those who want a hot meal.
In 1905 British cookbook describes an "egg sandwich" made with sliced hard-boiled eggs , marinated in oil, salt and vinegar, pepper and garnished with minced watercress. An "egg cream sandwich" from hard-boiled eggs pounded into a smooth paste and seasoned with mustard. A common alternative is to mash the hard-boiled egg together with mayonnaise, black pepper and salt which is commonly referred to as an "egg mayo" or "egg mayonnaise sandwich".
Here I am going to share my simple and quick recipe how to make " Egg Omelette Sandwich". It's easy to make and even hot meal too.
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 chopped tomato (optional)
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbs red chili powder
- chopped few coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
1) Break the 2 eggs in a bowl.
2) Add chopped onion, green chillies, red chili powder, salt, turmeric powder and coriander leaves.
3) Beat the eggs with all the ingredients.
4) Heat the pan, add 1 or 2 tbs oil and spread over the pan.
5) Pour the egg mixture on the pan and spread over the entire pan, over the low or medium heat.
6) Cook for 5 minutes or till the omelette is cooked.
7) Turn the omelette and cook till it turns golden brown.
8) Remove from the flame.
9) Take 2 slices of bread and place the omelette into it.
10) Serve hot omelette sandwich with tea or coffee.
11) Have a great breakfast!!!!!!