How to Make Radish Paratha or Radish Pancakes
Making Radish Paratha or Radish Pancakes At-a-Glance
There are two main steps in this recipe. You have to prepare dough to make the outer covering and a stuffing to fill the parathas. These pancakes remain soft even when they are cold. However, eating them when hot is more delightful.
Making the Dough:
Take wheat flour in a mixing bowl. Add carom seeds, salt and oil. Knead the flour adding water little by little to get a soft and firm dough. Keep covered for 10 minutes.
Preparing the Stuffing:
Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Add chopped green chilies and chopped onions. Saute till they turn soft. Add grated radish. Stir-cook on low fire for 4-5 minutes. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, dry mango powder(amchur powder), a little sugar, chopped coriander leaves, and salt. Nicely mix them. Combine well with other ingredients. Turn off the fire. This is the stuffing for the pancakes. Spread it on a plate for cooling.
How to Make Parathas:
Take a lemon size dough. Give it a ball shape. Press a little. Dust it with wheat flour. Roll into a 3" diameter disc. Place 1 1/2 tea spoon stuffing in the center. Fold the edges and completely close it. Roll it along with the stuffing to make a disc of about 6-7" diameter.
Heat a flat pan. Drizzle some ghee or oil. Place the disc on it. Roast both sides adding a few drops of oil or ghee. Repeat the same for the entire dough and the stuffing. Yummy radish parathas are ready to serve. Eat them accompanied with tomato sauce, chutney, fruit jam, honey, curd/yogurt, pickle or raita. Enjoy the taste!
Ingredients for Making Radish Parathas
- 4 cups wheat flour, for the dough
- 1 tsp carom seeds, for the dough
- 1 1/2 tsp oil and ghee mix, for the dough
- salt to taste, for the dough
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, for the stuffing
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilies, for the stuffing
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium size bowl grated radish, for the stuffing
- 1/6 tsp turmeric powder, for the stuffing
- 1/4 tsp amchur powder(dry mango powder), for the stuffing
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder, for the stuffing
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder, for the stuffing
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves, for the stuffing
- 1/6 tsp sugar, to balance the taste
- 1/3 tsp salt, or as per taste
- oil and ghee mix for roasting the paratha
Step-By-Step Instructions and Images for Making Radish Paratha
Making the dough:
- Take wheat flour, oil & ghee mix, salt, and carom seeds in a mixing bowl. Knead adding water little by little to form a firm and pliable dough. Cover and rest it for 10 minutes.
Preparing the Filling:
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds. Let them crackle.
- Throw chopped onion and chopped green chilies into the pan. Saute till onion turns transparent.
- Add grated radish. Stir-cook on low fire for 4-5 minutes. By this time, radish becomes soft.
- Add turmeric powder, dry mango powder, red chili powder, salt, a little sugar, chopped coriander leaves, and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Combine the ingredients. Ensure that the mix is dry. Check for the taste. Add salt or red chili powder if needed.
- Turn off the fire. Spread the stuffing on a plate for cooling.
- Take a lemon size dough. Roll it into a 3 1/2" diameter disc. Dust wheat flour for easy rolling.
- Place 1 1/2 tsp stuffing in the center. Fold the sides and close it. Press a little and roll it along the stuffing to form a thick disc of about 6-7" diameter.
- Heat a flat pan. Sprinkle a few drops of ghee and oil mix. Place the raw paratha on it.
- Let the heat be medium high. Add a few drops of oil and ghee mix on the top. Roast both the sides to get golden brown color.
- Radish Paratha is ready to eat. Repeat the procedure for making the whole bunch of parathas.
- Serve them hot with a dollop of butter or honey, tomato sauce, chutney, fruit jam, yogurt/curd, raita, or pickle. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Radish Paratha
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 38 g||13%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 7 g||28%|
|Protein 7 g||14%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 105 mg||4%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|