How to Make Salted Caramel Sauce Without Cream
Salted caramel has always been a popular flavor in almost any desserts. What I like with this flavor is the balance of its taste. The combination of the sweetness and saltiness is just perfect to satisfy one's craving.
I decided to make my own version of salted caramel sauce without cream. I don't have cream in my pantry so I needed to use an alternative ingredient. I replace heavy cream with milk. The outcome is similar to the one we used to. Here's the recipe that you can enjoy!
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium bowl
- 4 small bowl
- 1 small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Put sugar, butter, and water in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir the mixture until the sugar melts.
- Cook the mixture until turns golden brown or starts to boil.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla extract, and salt
- Let it boil for a minute. Remove from the heat.
- Allow it to cool before transfering it to a container.
Tips and Techniques
- Use salted butter instead but make sure to lessen the amount of salt added.
- Increase the amount of butter if preferred to have a strong buttery flavor.
- Adjust the amount of vanilla if necessary. Some brands have stronger vanilla essence than any other. This means a lesser amount of vanilla extract is needed.
- Decrease the amount of milk to produce thicker saucer.
- Add any variety of milk based on your preference.
- Drizzle it on top of any sweet foods such as your favorite fried banana egg rolls or pancakes without baking powder.
© 2018 Dred Cuan