How to Make Sausage Egg Muffins
The everyday routine of cereal, eggs, or toast may get boring. Spice up that routine with these delicious breakfast muffins. They're easy to make and come out great every time!
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Ready In: 30 - 40 minutes
Serves four to six (12 muffins)
- 1/2 pound of ground pork sausage. This can be substituted with turkey sausage to reduce the amount of fat.
- 12 eggs, beaten well.
- 1/2 can (4 oz.) of chopped green chile peppers, drained. [Optional, used for a slight spicy kick]
- 1 small onion, diced up
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Sausage Egg Muffins
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Meanwhile, lightly grease 12 muffin cups. You can use oil spray or butter.
- Place the ground sausage into a large, deep skillet. Cook it over medium-high heat until it evenly turns brown. Drain it and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, chile peppers, diced onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the sausage and mix well. Spoon 1/4 cup of the mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven, which should be preheated, for 15 to 20 minutes, until the egg has set and toothpicks stuck in the middle of the muffin come out clean. They should look golden brown like the picture above.
- Allow several minutes to cool.
Alternative Items to add to your Sausage Egg Muffins
Additionally, I like to add some items to add some diversity and flavor to this dish. Things you can add could be; tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach, or pretty much any veggie.
Also, the more eggs you use, the more muffins you come out with. By using this recipe, you'll end up with 12 muffins, which is about 6 servings. You'll have plenty to snack on later!