- Food and Cooking»
- Culinary Arts & Cooking Techniques
How to Make Soup Dumplings
I love when the air is cold and crisp in early fall and it is the perfect soup weather. yesterday was the first day in our area where it was cold enough for a nice large pot of soup. I threw together some chicken soup, but the best part of chicken soup in my house is the dumplings. They are quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1T butter
- 2 t sugar
- 2 t salt
- 1 cup milk
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Add the butter and milk and stir until it forms a dough
- Spoon the dough over the boiling soup. Cover. Cook 10 - 15 minutes. I can usually fit about half the mixture in my pot at a time, the wider the pot the more you will be able to fit in.
- Scoop out the cooked dumplings and repeat with any additional dough