How to Make Spicy Garlic Butter Sauce
Garlic butter sauce is a traditional recipe that, on occasion, could use a little spicing up. Pour it over bbq roasted corn, or as a dipping sauce for grilled shrimp and lobster.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat until very hot. Saute the onions for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the spices and water. Stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Place the butter and the onion spice mixture in a blender or food processor, process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from blender or processor, refrigerate for thirty minutes. Bring to room temperature before serving as a spread for bbq corn on the cob. Toss a small amount with all your favorite grilled or roasted vegetables for added flavor.
- To use as a sauce, melt over low heat and serve in small dishes for dipping grilled shrimp, lobster, even steak.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to brighten the flavor of seafood
If you prefer a quick skillet meal, saute shrimp or your favorite seafood in Spicy Garlic Butter Sauce, and serve with rice, or with warm tortillas and salsa for seafood tacos. As a spread, it can also be used for a very tasty grilled garlic bread.