- Food and Cooking
Simple Thanksgiving Day Recipes: How to Make Stuffing in a Crockpot
Homemade Thanksgiving Stuffing
Thanksgiving dinner would not be complete without stuffing. Aside from the Thanksgiving Turkey or ham, the stuffing is one of my favorite dishes.
We grew up with Thanksgiving stuffing from a box, which is okay, but there is nothing like homemade stuffing. When I started hosting my own Thanksiving dinners I vowed never to serve stuffing from a box.
There are many ways to prepare Thanksgiving stuffing. I prefer to cook Thanksgiving stuffing in a crockpot. My oven and stove are typically cluttered with the turkey, ham, green bean casserole, and other Thanksgiving meal dishes that there really isn't any room to cook my Thanksgiving stuffing.
There are thousands of crockpot stuffing recipes out there. This hub is just one way to prepare Thanksgiving stuffing in a crockpot.
Rate this Crockpot Stuffing Recipe
Crockpot Stuffing Cook Time
Change up the recipe by adding these optional ingredients.
- Mushrooms - 1 package fresh diced
- Cranberries or Currants - 1 cup dried
- Marjoram - 1/2 tspn (very potent)
- Walnuts or Pecans - 1 cup chopped
Thanksgiving Stuffing Ingredients
- 12 Cups Bread Crumbs, 1/2 inch cubes
- 32 oz Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Celery, Diced
- 2 Cups Onion, Diced
- 2 Sticks Butter, Unsalted
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- 1/3 Cup Parsley, Fresh
- 1 Tbsp Sage, Dried
- 1 Tbsp Thyme, Dried
- 1/4 Tbsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp Salt
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper, Ground
Instructions: How to make crockpot stuffing
- Chop the onion and celery into bite size pieces.
- In saute pan, melt the butter then add the onion and celery. Saute over low/medium heat until cooked.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the bread crumbs and all the spices. Then add the sauteed vegetables including the melted butter. Finally, add the eggs and the chicken broth. Mix together loosely.
- Transfer stuffing mixture to crockpot. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Optional Ingredient Instructions
If you choose to add the optional ingredients, include these steps:
- Chop the mushrooms into bite size pieces and sauté with the onions and celery. Add mushrooms last because they do not take as long to sauté.
- Chop the walnuts and/or pecans and add to the mixing bowl after you add the spices.
- Add the Cranberries and/or Currants after you have added the spices. You may have to chop the currants into bite size pieces.
- Marjoram can be added with the other spices. Note marjoram is a very potent spice, so less is more.
Approximate Nutritional Information
|Serving size: 6 oz|
|Calories from Fat||126|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 14 g||22%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Carbohydrates 17 g||6%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 57 mg||19%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Which stuffing is the best
What kind of Thanksgiving stuffing do you prefer?
Video: How to make crockpot stuffing
- Quick and easy Appetizers - Simple mini Stuffed Pepp...
Need a quick and easy appetizer for that potluck at work? Want a simple holiday recipe to surprise your guests? Try this super easy mini stuffed peppers recipe. Requires no baking or cooking.
- Best Creamy Easy Garlic Mashed Potatoes - Favorite R...
Mashed potatoes can be an amazing food, especially with certain added ingredients. Try butter, sour cream, garlic, and skins on to make this homemade comforting decadent mashed potatoes recipe.