- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Make The Perfect Chicken Dinner
Many people I know get frustrated about making dinner. They would rather get takeout or eat out of a can or box. They feel that making a homemade dinner is too elaborate, pricey and difficult. They think it takes hours, but if you know what to do it’s simple and easy. Good, healthy food can be quick and inexpensive to make. This is a recipe for a complete chicken dinner for four. It’s simple quick and easy; made in about an hour.
On The Menu:
Lemon Garlic Chicken with Red Onion, Baby Carrots, Bell Pepper and served with Mashed Red Potatoes.
1-2 teaspoons olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 Garlic cloves, minced
l Lemon, sliced into 1/4 inch rings
½ to 1 Tablespoon Oregano
¼ to ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 medium red onion, sliced
1 cup baby carrots or 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 green bell pepper, julienned
4-6 red potatoes cut into quarters (leave skins on)
½ a stick (4 tablespoons) Butter
1 Teaspoon Pepper
½ cup milk
1. Spread the olive oil in the bottom of a large 13x9 baking/casserole dish.
2. Put in chicken, onions, carrots and peppers.
3. Put in garlic, oregano, and pepper evenly over the chicken.
4. Put lemon slices onto chicken.
5. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree f oven for 45 minutes.
6. Boil potatoes while chicken is baking.
7. When potatoes are fork tender, drain and mash with butter and milk.
8. Season mashed potatoes with pepper.
9. Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 20 minutes before serving.
10. Serve one chicken breast per plate with potatoes, onions, carrots and peppers.
Other Recipes by Edgar Arkham
- Tilapia with White Rice Recipe
Here is a quick and simple recipe for tilapia with rice. It's a healthy white fish with great flavor. Enjoy!
- Quick and Simple Tuna Casserole Recipe
Here is a simple and easy recipe for a tuna casserole. Great for a day of the week. Enjoy!
- Tips On How To Eat Healthy
Most diets are difficult because you have to change so much of your daily intake. Here are some tips that helped me lose weight that didn't drive me crazy.
- Chicken Tamale Pie
This is my version of one of my father's mexican food recipes. I changed some ingredients to make it less heavy and fatty. Enjoy.
- How You Can Use Both Lamb and Sausage In Shepherd's ...
I decided to share a favorite recipe of mine for Shepherd's Pie. Hope you like it as much as I do.