How to Make Vegetable Dim Sum (A Kind of Momos)
Dim Sum are Scrumptious Finger Snacks
Making Dim Sum or Momos is a bit lengthy task. But, once you prepare the dough and the filling, its easy for you to make Dim Sum. Making dim sum sauce or chutney is also easy. But all these together take quite a lengthy time. What about the end result? You get a plate full of a very delightful and healthy snack that you will love to eat!
- 2 cups all purpose flour/maida, for the dough
- 2 teaspoons oil, for the dough
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, for the dough
- 4 cloves garlic, Make a coarse paste of garlic, ginger, and green chilies
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 green chilies
- 1 small bowl Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 bowl carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 bowl french beans, finely chopped
- 1/2 bowl red and green capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or as per taste
- 2 teaspoon oil, for stir-cooking the veggies
How to Make the Dough:
- Take all purpose flour, oil, and salt in a mixing bowl. Make a soft and firm dough by adding water little by little.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth or with a container. Keep aside for 20 minutes.
How to Prepare the Stuffing:
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. Add ginger-garlic-green chili paste. Saute on low-fire till they become golden.
- Add chopped vegetables one by one, starting with cabbage, carrot, french beans, and capsicum. Stir-cook them for 7-8 minutes.
- Add salt. This makes cooking faster. Mix well. Cook till vegetables are soft yet crunchy.
- Pour soy sauce. Continue sauteing until the mixture becomes dry. Turn off the fire. Transfer the contents to a plate. Keep aside for cooling.
How to Make Dim Sum or Momos:
- Pinch out a small lemon sized dough. Roll it into a thin disc of about 3" or less diameter.
- Place a tablespoon of the stuffing in the center. Fold the open ends by making pleats and close it. Please refer the pic. for perfection.
- Prepare 8-10 such dumplings in a batch. Heat the cooker or steamer. Place these dumplings on the greased perforated plate only after the steam comes out from the cooker. If using the cooker, don't use the weight.
- Cook them for 6-7 minutes on high heat. Turn off the fire. Open the steamer/cooker lid.
- Take out the plate containing the dumplings. Veg Dim Sum or Veg Momos is ready!
- Serve them in a plate with garlic-tomato dip or with any other sauce. Enjoy the taste!
Nutritional Information of Vegetarian Dim Sum
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Carbohydrates 8 g||3%|
|Sugar 0 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 1 g||2%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 18 mg||1%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|