How to Make White Chocolate and Butterscotch Blondies and Cookies
Blondies are commonly described as the albino cousins of brownies. Brown sugar is used and they are more buttery.
I was originally using the recipe from Allrecipes.com but since then, I have added in my own variations for my personal taste preference. Also, with this recipe you can use it to make cookies, too.
The meringue powder and egg whites keeps the recipe from being too fudge-like if you don't like that texture. Blondies are meant to be chewy but for the cookies, use egg whites or the meringue powder instead. I ended up having to use the meringue powder one day when I realized I had no eggs or egg whites readily available so that's how I came across using it in the recipe. Don't be alarmed, however, they still come out moist and chewy enough; not dry like a hard cookie. They will still be soft and moist like a brownie as long as you watch the oven closely during the cooking time.
I also don't always add in the vanilla extract and the recipe still tastes great.
Blondies are great to bake for those who love adding in their own tastes preference (or for taking out ingredients). Many people enjoy blondies with chopped walnuts and regular chocolate chips. My husband is allergic to all nuts so we leave that out of everything. It's all about preference (and allergies) so make it your way! They are one of my favorite treats to whip up when I need a sugar fix or need to make some baked goods for gifts or an event/party (I baked it for Mother's Day) so give this recipe a try, it may become one of your favorites, too.
Pick up some baking supplies to whip up this dessert!
Need some new baking pans?
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg or 2 egg whites or meringue powder, beaten
- 1-2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 ounces white chocolate chips
- 6-8 ounces butterscotch chips
Stop by my blog for more dessert and recipe ideas:
Directions to Make White Chocolate Butterschotch Blondies or Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. Use an 8x8 pan if you want them to come out a bit thicker.
- Measure 1 cup flour. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Melt the butter on low heat in a small pan then add in the brown sugar. Stir frequently. Mix until well combined. Let cool slightly.
- Mix the beaten egg and vanilla into the brown sugar mixture. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing until just combined. Add white chocolate and butterscotch chips, stirring until just combined.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan or if making cookies, place 1-2 tablespoon size balls (depending how small you want cookie) in pan, leaving an inch to inch and a half between each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
You might also like my other articles for more dessert and food ideas:
- Easy Two Ingredient Flourless Pancakes and Waffles
Try these flourless pancakes and waffles using only two ingredients: bananas and eggs! Perfect for an easy, fast and healthy breakfast or even for brunch or dinner, too!
- Coffee Cake with White Chocolate Mocha Icing
Coffee is a popular beverage, commonly used as a stimulant. It helps us stay more alert and awake. In this recipe, coffee is mixed into vanilla cake and topped off with white chocolate mocha icing.
- Easy Food and Drink Ideas for St.Patrick's Day
Are you looking for some simple treats and drinks to make for St.Patrick's Day? These easy food and drink ideas are perfect for kids and adults alike.
Try using Meringue Powder with this recipe:
Regular Chocolate Chips, Walnuts or Other Toppings?
What do you like to add in your blondies? Let me know in the comments below!