- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
How to Make Wicked Oreos
About Wicked Oreos
Wicked Oreos are a special treat made famous by one of the restaurants along the Katipunan strip near my University. It's basically deep-fried, pancake-mix-coated Oreos served with ice cream or milk and sometimes doused in confectioner's sugar. It's usually eaten as dessert but can also be eaten on its own as a snack, much like donuts.
What I really like about it is how easy it is to make and how easy it is to eat as well. All you need is some boxed pancake mix, Oreos, a pan or deep fryer, some oil, ice cream, and a stove. Then you're all set! You really need to deep fry them, otherwise they won't be as round and fluffy as those in the picture.
The first time I tried making them, they went flat and weird. I attribute that to the flatness of the frying pan and also to the very little oil I used. Do not do that to your Wicked Oreos. Give them the proper frying they deserve.
- 1 37oz pack Pillsbury Pancake Mix, (or any other pancake mix brand you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups Evaporated milk
- 2 big Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- For the pancake batter, mix the eggs, milk, oil, and pancake mix in a bowl. Beat using a hand mixer or with a whisk (if you think you're that tough). Make sure there are no lumps in the batter. Also it shouldn't be too thick or too watery. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pot or saucepan. YES. It should only be either of the two. NO, you cannot use a frying pan, nor a wok. Using a pot or a saucepan ensures easier deep frying. Put in enough oil to make sure the Oreos will float. You can also use a deep fryer if you have one. It makes things easier.
- Dip Oreos in the batter one at a time and then deep fry in the saucepan/pot. Ensure that there is sufficient room between the Oreos to to give them space to "expand" enough without bumping each other. Otherwise they will stick to each other and they will look weird.
- Do the same until all the Oreos have been fried. Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream or any other flavor you prefer. You can also serve it with milk for some Oreo dunking and even douse it with confectioner's sugar and eat on its own.
- There is no step 5. Dig in!
When you're bored with the usual Oreos and want to add a little bit of excitement to your day, try making some wickedly good and wickedly tasty wicked Oreos. It's delightful and very fun to make! It could even serve as a fun bonding activity with your family, friends, and even your significant other. Make sure to try it out soon and I'm sure you won't regret it.
Did you try out my recipe? How was it? Let me know in the comments below!