Easy to Make Recipe: Yankee Chili
My Dad says Yankee's make the best chili and I guess he was right because he has won many cookout contests with this recipe since moving to Texas over thirty years ago.
Never-the-less this is a yummy recipe that we beg for every winter.
Try it topped with shredded cheese and saltine crackers.
- 2 1/2 Pounds Lean Ground Chuck
- 1 Pound Lean Ground Pork
- 1 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 4 Cloves Finely Chopped Garlic
- 8 Ounces "Hunts" Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Cumins
- 2 Tablespoons Beef Bouillon, (6 cubes)
- 2 Teaspoons Oregano
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Cocoa
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Brown meat in a large pan.
- Drain the meat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for two hours.
Rate this Chili
Great With Chili or Stew
- How to Make Quick Rolls (Bread)
Just imagine fresh, hot bread straight from the oven. Try this quick roll recipe the next time you are craving homemade bread.
How to Make Taco Soup
- Taco Soup Made at Home
The next time you are wanting something different for dinner just try this recipe for easy to make and inexpensive taco soup.
Seven Day Meal Plan on a Budget
- Dinner Ideas on a Budget for Every Day of the Week
Just because you are on a budget doesn't mean you can't enjoy some good tasting food made straight out of your home. Try this seven day dinner menu complete with appetizer, soup and dessert recipes.