- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
How to Make a Cold Stone Ice Cream Cake at Home
Prep time: 20 min
Ready in: 20 min
Yields: Freeze not Cook
- 1 Carton Ice Cream, Cold Stone Creamery ice cream
- 1 Box Cake Mix, Red Velvet, Chocolate, Yellow, ect.
- 1 Container Whipped Topping or Chocolate Ganache, Cool Whip or Reddi-Wip
- 1 Baking Pan
- 1 set Ingredients Listed on the Back of the Cake Box Mixs
- 14 ounces milk chocolate, chopped, Chocolate Ganache
- 3 cups heavy cream, Chocolate Ganache
- 1 Container Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1 bar Shaved Chocolate
- Make the box cake mix according to the instructions on the box. Make sure to pour the mix into two pans they same as you would if you were making a layer cake.
- Allow the cake to cool to room temperature out of the pan.
- Remove you ice cream of choice from the freezer and allow it you warm at room temperature for ten to twenty minutes. Use you best judgment for the time at room temperature the ice cream should be soft, but not melted or gooey.
- Put one of the layer of cake on a plate that can go into the freezer.
- Put a layer of ice cream on top of the cake.
- Put a thin layer of Chocolate Ganache on top of the ice cream. (Recipe Below). If desired some cookie crumbles can be mixed with the ganche to give the cake a bit of crunch.
- Place the other layer of cake on top of the ice cream and ganache.
- At this point you can either cover the tops and sides of the cake with whipped cream, whipped topping, or a chocolate ganache.
- Decorate the cake however you want chocolate chips, sprinkles, icing, whipped cream, food coloring, ect.
- Place cake in freezer for at least four hours a full day is preferable though.
- Take cake from freezer and cut. (If you have difficulty cutting the cake then let it rest at room temperature for ten to fifteen minutes or run the knife under hot to boiling water before cutting the cake.)
- Dig in and enjoy your homemade ice cream cake! :)
Cold Stone Small Birthday Cake
|Serving size: 1 Slice |
|Calories ||330 |
|Calories from Fat||171|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 19 g||29%|
|Saturated fat 13 g||65%|
|Carbohydrates 38 g||13%|
|Sugar 34 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 4 g||8%|
|Cholesterol 35 mg||12%|
|Sodium 160 mg||7%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Milk Chocolate Ganache
- Place the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Pour the hot cream over chocolate.
- Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Whisk until thoroughly combined and slightly cooled, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before using ganache, transfer it to the bowl of an electric mixer and whip on medium-low speed, just until it holds soft peaks. Do not over-whip.
- Spread it out over the ice cream cake like icing.
- It should cover the top and sides evenly.
How to Make Oreo Ice Cream Cake