How to Make a Great Chicken Caprese Sandwich (Recipe)
This chicken caprese recipe is simple, and the ingredients are fairly basic. This recipe is written for one sandwich, but can easily be multiplied into as many as you need. Even the most inexperienced cook can follow this easy recipe and have a great caprese sandwich, it's extremely uncomplicated to follow and you and your entire family will love this sandwich!
- One Skin Off Chicken Breast
- One Ciabatta loaf
- 2 slices Tomato
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Glaze
- One Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- One package Fresh Mozzarella
- A handful Baby Spinach Leaves
- One cup Olive Oil
- Salt &Pepper To taste
A Note on Balsamic Glaze
Balsamic Glaze is really easy to make at home. It only requires two ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, and a bit of time. It only takes about 20 minutes. If you don't have balsamic glaze available, try making it yourself! It looks great as a drizzle, and It's great on so many dishes.
To make it, you can use balsamic vinegar and a sweetener, like maple syrup or brown sugar. Mix together, and add to a saucepan. Bring to a bubble, but don't let it boil, or it will get hard as a rock once it cools! Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking until it has reduced to about half of the original volume. It should have a texture similar to syrup when it's done. Let it cool in the refrigerator and you're finished!
- Start by marinating your chicken, use one cup of olive oil, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper. You can do this in a zip-lock bag to make it easier.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°. Place your chicken breast on a sheet pan and cook for about 25 minutes- it should be almost done. At that point, put your mozzarella cheese on top in a ball shape. Continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes, or until an internal temperature of 165° is reached.
- Toast the top and bottom halves of your ciabatta sandwich bread, you can do this in the oven as well.
- Start putting your sandwich together, put the chicken breast with cheese on the bread, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and add tomato and spinach leaves. You can substitute fresh basil for spinach.
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy this delicious sandwich. I'd love to hear any feedback you may have on this recipe. I hope you adore this recipe as much as I have enjoyed writing it for you. And, as always, good luck on your culinary adventures!