How to Make a Great Onion Dip From Scratch!
This is a Fantastic Onion Dip that you can make right at Home!
This is not your normal put together dip that your Mom would just whip up with some sour cream.
This dip will encorporate fresh onions that are cooked untill sweet and caramelized and a touch of balsalmic vinegar to enhance the flavor Mmmm.. sounds so good!
I will be adding an easy to understand step by step Guide so that you can make this wonderful Onion dip that you will be proud to show off at home or gatherings.
Ingredients you will Need to make this Onion Dip
Ingredients you will need:
- 3 Tblsp of Olive Oil (organic if possible)
- 3 Large Onions (sweet) (Chop or mince)
- 2 Large shallots (chop or mince)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 cup balsalmic vinegar
- 1/3 cup sour cream (organic if possible)
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt (sea salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 12- inch saute' pan
- food processor (if you have it)
- Sharp Knife
- Bowl ( for mixture)
- Serving Dish
Mixing your ingredients together:
- In a 12 inch saute' pan over med-low heat, warm oil or real butter and coat the pan well. Add the chopped onions and cook covered, stirring frequently until the onions are translucent for about 10 Min's. Uncover your pan and continue saute'ing, adjusting your heat setting now to Low. Until the Onions are completely softened and begin to caramelize for about 15 minutes longer.
- Now add the Shallots and saute' until softened, about 5 more minutes.
- Add the sugar and continue to cook
- continue stirring
- until all the onions are a beautiful caramel color
- do this for 5 to 7 Min's longer.
- Now add the balsamic vinegar
- when the vinegar has evaporated remove pan from heat.
- Take the cooked onions and transfer to a bowl and let it cool for about 15minutes
Adding Sour Cream etc:
- Now inside your bowl add your
Serves: a gathering of people
Serve this slightly warm or at room temperature. Enjoy, Everyone including you will Love this wonderful Dip!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my article on How to make Onion Dip from Scratch. I hope you enjoyed this wonderful recipe and incorporate it into your Dips at home.
I have many other dips and salsas that you would enjoy also please check them out.
Join Hubpages its Free!
More Dips by ButterflyStar
- How to Make a 7 Layer Bean Dip from Scratch!
How to make 7 Layer Dip from Scratch
- How to make Pico De Gallo from Scratch!
How to make Pico de Gallo 3 Recipes included!
- How To Make Garlic Red Lentils Dip
How To Make Garlic Red Lentils Dip This is a great Lentils Dip and its Quick and Easy Enjoy!
- How To Make Smoked Salmon Dip
How To Make Smoke Salmon Dip Healthy choice dips quick and easy to make!
- How To Make Garlic Chickpea Dip
How To Make Garlic Chickpea Dip. Fast and Easy Recipe
- How to Make Avocado Dip or Guacamole from Scratch
How to make Avocado Dip or Guacamole from Scratch
- How To Make Garlic White Bean Dip
How To Make Garlic White Bean Dip! Quick and Easy to Make and a Great Healthy Choice!