How to Make a Spicy Taco Pizza
Making Pizza Isn't Difficult
Making a pizza is pretty easy. I enjoy making my own, because I get to decide exactly what goes on it. I have come up with many creative variations in the two years I have been making my own, and this was the first of many successful attempts.
Please Rate My Pizza
Have you ever wondered how to make your own English Muffins? Me, too, and I discovered Vespawoolf's spectacular article on it:
- How to Make the Best Homemade English Muffins
Learn how to make authentic English muffins with chewy texture and plenty of nooks & crannies. The secret is in the method! Also included: a recipe for English muffin sandwiches and homemade blueberry English muffins, Wolferman's style.
Pizza Crust Options:
There are many options to use for a pizza crust:
- Make the crust yourself
- Pre-made pizza dough
- French bread, cut in half
- English muffins for single-serve pizzas
If you use pizza dough that hasn't been cooked yet, follow my directions, or else follow the directions on the package.
If you use pre-cooked pizza crust, or bread, you'll want to preheat the oven to about 425º about 5-10 minutes before you slide the pizza in the oven. Cook the meat and veggies in advance, add them onto the bread, and put in the oven for about 4-5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
My Article On Homemade Pizza Dough
- How To Make and Bake Homemade Pizza Dough
Here is the recipe for the pizza dough, as well as how to roll it out and bake it. Also provided are links to some of my pizza recipes
2 servings, 3 slices each
- Toppings: 5-10 minutes
- Putting the pizza together: 10 minutes
- Toppings: 15-20 minutes
- Pizza: 8-18 minutes
Total time: 40-60 minutes *
* Note: If you make your own pizza dough, it will take approximately 10 minutes to mix up, and 45 minutes to let it rise. If you let it rise while you are preparing the toppings, the whole process should take right around 1-1 1/2hours (60-90 minutes).
Just Ask Susan said she is going to try making a pizza with jalapenos for "a real spicy kick", and next time I make this, I am going to try it that way.
If you don't have taco seasoning, check out Glimmer Twin Fan's article on spice recipes
- Spice Mix Recipe Substitutes
Use spices you have on hand to make your own spice mixes. It's economical and easy using this handy reference guide featuring popular seasoning blend recipes.
- 1 cup ground beef or turkey, cooked
- 1/4 cup onions, sauteed
- 1/4 cup peppers, sauteed
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- sprinkle black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup black olives, (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce, (optional)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/8 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, (optional)
- 1 pizza crust or bread
- Cook ground beef thoroughly. Using a meat thermometer, the temperature of the meat should be at least 160 degrees
- Saute onions and green peppers. If you add them to ground beef, don't do until the meat is fully cooked. I like to saute them for about 5 minutes on medium/low
- Drain the meat
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over the cooked meat and veggies
- In a seperate bowl, mix the tomato sauce, salsa and hot sauce. If desired, heat them up (I like to heat all of the toppings up in advance, especially if they have been in the fridge. It is not necessary, though)
- Measure out the black olives, if using, as well as the cheese
Cooking the Meat and VeggiesClick thumbnail to view full-size
Putting it All Together
- Sprinkle dough or bread with parmesan cheese, if desired
- Spread the tomato sauce mix over it
- Sprinkle some of the cheese over it
- Add the ground beef and veggies
- Sprinkle with black olives, if desired
- If you have any cheese left, sprinkle it on top
- If using precooked crust or bread, cook for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted. If you are using an uncooked crust, leave in oven for about 8-15 minutes, until crust is browned and cheese has melted.
Putting the Pizza TogetherClick thumbnail to view full-size
What do you leave off of a pizza when you make or order one?
Voila! Spicy Taco Pizza, cooked and ready to eat!
A Rectangular Pizza
For a different kind of delicious pizza, check out Suzzycue's recipe:
- DIY Easy Healthy Recipe Kale and Feta Pizza
Kale is a super food with many health benefits. Eating kale provides fiber, has vitamins A, K , C to prevent cancer, calcium to promote strong bones and teeth. Kale with Feta cheese pizza wins.
Another Pizza Recipe
- How To Make a White Pizza With Potatoes and Vegetables
Here is a delicious recipe for a white pizza, using cheese instead of tomato sauce. Potatoes give this pizza an interesting twist.
Fruit Pizza For Dessert
- How To Make a Fruit Pizza
A basic recipe for a fruit pizza with a sugar cookie crust and creamy frosting, and ideas for other variations, as well as recipes for 4 other cookie crusts
To learn more about the author, or read more of her works, click on http://kathrynstratford.hubpages.com/