How to Make a Strawberry Margarita - The Perfect Recipe!
When I need a recipe for a cocktail, I generally just search the web and find what I need right off the bat. Unfortunately, I was recently searching around for a good strawberry margarita recipe – and I couldn’t find anything that was working out all that well for me.
So I took matters into my own hands, and after much arduous experimentation and multiple strawberry margarita tastings…I have developed a very good recipe!
Great Strawberry Margaritas
- 2 ounces of pureed frozen strawberries
- ½ ounce
of freshly squeezed lime juice(key limes if you can)
- 1 oz of silver tequila
- ½ ounce of triple sec
- ¾ ounce of simple syrup (Make your own - equal parts sugar and water boiled until dissolved into a syrup)
- Crushed ice – fill your 8 ounce glass about ¾ of the way with ice and toss in the blender
- Blend all the ingredients together and serve very cold in a salt or sugar rimmed glass. To salt rim the glass, sprinkle salt on a plate, rub a little cut lime around the rim of your glass and then invert the glass and rub the rim in the plate of salt. The salt will adhere to the rim – make sure to do this before you add the margarita to the glass! (haha).
- Interestingly – I found that frozen strawberries made a better margarita than fresh strawberries (fresh strawberries are in season where I am in the world – which is why I was thinking of strawberry drinks in the first place). This actually makes it easier to enjoy a good strawberry margarita year round!
- Also, the margarita comes out a lot better if you pre blend the strawberries prior to making the drink. What we do is blend up a couple of pounds of frozen strawberries at a time and then portion the puree into 1 drink size amounts in the freezer – then when it’s time to make up a drink, we just grab an already measured amount of strawberry and toss it into the blender, ready to go.
A Lime Margarita Demo
- Delicious frozen margarita recipe. It's so easy to m...
Don't do it to yourself...don't make your body suffer another night of neon green package mix margaritas - especially when authentic margaritas are so easy to make! Here are the easy steps to a perfect, authentic, lime margarita.