- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
How to Make a Taco Salad: AKA Walking Taco
Hungry Yet? You will Be..
Care for a sample? This meal is satisfying and scrumptious just like it presents it's self. If you love tacos? Significantly, of us do and you surely will love this version of it.
Minus the tacos seasoning over powering the freshness which normally you would taste in other taco recipes. You will find yourself devouring and wanting more. I would consider this a great crowd pleasure to all majority and a simple prepared meal to conjure in a breeze.
As I continue on, guiding you verbally and visually through each process. My main objective here, is to lure you into making yours and modifying preferences to your own taste . So - without any further dawdling, lets begin...
- 1-2 pounds turkey, ground
- 1/2 of whole yellow onion, diced
- 2 whole vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup multi grain tortilla chips, crushed
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 4 tbsp sour cream, light
- 2 tsps oil, olive
- 1/4 cup lime, squeeze
- Gather all your ingredients & cooking essentials. (i.e) cutting board, knife, bowls and frying pan.
- Place your frying pan on stove top, turn the burner on and start browning your meat.While the meat is browning, get your cutting board in front of you and start dicing the tomatoes and onions and lettuce. Meanwhile, checking on your meat to see if ready.
- If meat is done. Turn off the burner and set aside to cool. Now, gather your bowls and start crushing your chips but be sure even amount is in each.
- Take your tomatoes, onions, lime, garlic and olive oil with some dash seasoning and blend well.
Fry It Up
On your stove top, place the frying pan and meat . Brown on medium to low heat, turning occasionally till completely browned. Then, remove from the heat. Turn the burner off and let cool while you prepare the next step.
Grab your cutting board and place in front of you along with ingredients shown in the picture above. First, start by dicing two whole vine tomatoes and placing into a bowl. Next, dice up half of a full onion and add to tomatoes. Pour your olive oil over the top along with squeezed lime and seasoning. Blend well..Here would be a awesome additive of the fresh pico del gallo as replacement .
Shown as sample below:
Pico del Gallo
I prefer to use fresh ingredients if applicable, sometimes I may have to modify half and half. I also love to chop up my own vegetables during the preparation of the meal. This adds flavor and texture, but by all means use what you have on hand as I demonstrated in above picture.
Make sure to wash all your vegetables before cutting or adding.
Starting layering on top of the chips in the bowls you previously set aside.
- tomato mixture
- sour cream
With a utensil start crunching the mixture together until well blended but not mush.
Now take that spoon as pictured above and crunch all together to blend ingredients and there you have it! Hope this was informational and will be a new menu served for your family. Keep reading below to get my tips and on the go techniques. Also, do not forget to rate.
If not too keen on tortilla chips substitute for Dorito cool ranch. Also, may substitute the tomato mixture here with fresh Pico Del Gallo or salsa. This is the key ingredient for your flavorful salad.
You will be able to retrieve the recipe for fresh pico in my other hub.
On the Go!
You will also enjoy this on the go or bowl less. Purchase individual doriito chips in individual small bags in variation of flavors. Use your hand with the bag closed and slightly crush, but do this carefully not to overly crush. Follow the layers as directed up top within this bag and serve with a plastic spoon or fork. There you have it~ Walking Taco..