- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
How to Make a Tasteful Porridge Beans
Beans are legume rich in protein. It belongs to the family of legumes, which also includes lentils and peas. Legumes are known to be high in soluble fiber, which are beneficial to human health. Eating fiber helps to reduce body fat and control excess weight. Getting enough fiber in your daily diet also assists digestion, prevents constipation and reduces the risk of diabetes and heart disease. Fibers are of two types; insoluble fiber and alias roughage. If we have more soluble fiber in the body, we will less likely have retained foods inside our body which keeps them from putrefying.
Soluble fiber helps to process fats, reduces excess cholesterol and slows the release of carbohydrates into the bloodstream. Everyone needs beans because it goes a long way to repair worn-out body tissues. There are ways to prepare tasteful beans but before we begin, let’s make a list of the ingredients or items we need;
- Beans (the nature of the beans to be used will depend on how fast it will get soft)
- Cray fish spice
- Sliced vegetable leaf
- Fresh tomato and pepper
- Frozen fish
These are the major items you will need to prepare a good porridge beans. Ensure to make available all items listed above, in order to get the accurate taste and follow the steps carefully. Wash the beans, fresh tomato and pepper, vegetable leaf and frozen fish with clean water. Slice the frozen fish into pieces and steam for ten minutes. Slice vegetable leaf and tomato after washing and put it in a clean bowl.
- Place a clean pot on your cooker and pour a liter of water into it (this depends on the quantity of beans to be cooked)
- After thirty minutes, put the washed beans into the hot water and allow to boil and get soft (it may take about an hour for it to get soft)
- Ensure that the water is not much more than the beans
- When soft, add the sliced tomato and pepper to it and leave for ten minutes
- Add the steamed fish to the mixture with the Cray fish spice and leave to boil for fifteen minutes.
Note: Leafy greens can be added to your porridge beans also, and ensure to serve the meal while still hot. Porridge beans can be eaten with fried plantain, boiled yam, and also fried potatoes.