How to Make a single box of Mac N Cheese Feed the Whole Family
The Box of Mac N Cheese
One box of mac n cheese doesn't quite feed the whole family anymore. Instead of buying a larger size we add a few ingredients to make it stretch further, along with a little bit of a budget stretching as well.
- 1 box mac n cheese, i buy a cheap generic kind
- 1/4 c milk
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 c elbow macoroni
- 1/4 c shredded cheese, I ussually have some left over from taco night or pizza night so this is a staple in the house
- Boil 6 cups water in a large pot
- Add macaroni from box and elbow macaroni to the boiling pot
- Stir as needed until noodle are tender. Approximately 10 minutes
- Drain water from noodle and remove from heat.
- Add powered cheese packet, milk, butter, and shredded cheese and stir in thoroughly
- Let sit for a minute and then serve