How to Make the best Popcorn Chicken
Popcorn chicken is a favorite in our home. Sometimes we like it to dip in sauces and sometimes we coat it in one of our very favorite (hubby's secret sauce) HoneyBBQ sauce and sometimes we just go straight to the hot sauce. Any which way its fairly quick to make and always a hit!
Plain Popcorn Chicken
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, Cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups All purpose Flour
- 1 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- a few sprinkles Season Salt
- a few sprinkles Adobo
- a few sprinkles Black Pepper
- a few sprinkles Cayenne Pepper
- a few sprinkles onion powder
- Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs, Beaten
- Clean and Cut defrosted chicken in to bite size pieces( about a 1 inch cube or slightly bigger)
- In a shallow bowl beat eggs.
- In another bowl add breadcrumbs and flour and mix together then add seasonings( use more or less to you taste) and mix together
- Dip Chicken in beaten eggs and then flour bread crumb mix. Coat well
- Start Heating oil while breading chicken pieces. Once chicken is breaded and oil is hot start frying.
- Fry until golden brown approximately 7-9 minutes per batch. tip: cook 3-4 minutes then turn over and cook another 3-4 minutes or until juices run clear.