- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes»
- Spirits Recipes
How to Prepare a Jager Bomb - with Red Bull and Jagermeister
Today's Hub is known as the Jager Bomb, and features the ingredients of Jagermeister, and Red bull. This is usually a pre-gaming drink used when a group is going to a club, sporting event, before a party, or just before a night at the bar. You can have this at any occasion. Keep in mind that on this drink you are supposed to essentially chug, or down the entire drink. You are not supposed to slowly sip, or casually drink this drink. By doing that you are having a completely drink, which I will write a hub on after this one is completed.
With that being said, the jager bomb is great drink as a wake up, and will get you through any party experience, while giving you that intro buzz that you seek when starting with shots. I suggest this drink when people are talking about going to another club after, or are going to continue to party after drinking. This is not something you should drink at any point prior to going to bed, or if you are not attempting to be wired/stay awake for good amount of time. Although if you are anything like me, energy drinks don't affect me, and I drink this solely as a drink to have fun with, and for the taste.
When you are choosing your red bull, depending on your expectations that should decide which size can to buy. The smallest can essentially has the same caffeine as the large can, and packs the same punch, just with a bigger can you get more filler in the can. When making this I bought a 20 ounce can, so I could make more than 1 drink to take pictures of, but normally I would buy a 8 ounce can.
Also you can use other energy drinks. Personally I tend to only use Red Bull because I like the taste, power, and overall effects of Red Bull mixed with Jagermeister. The original Jager Bomb calls for Red Bull, but at the bar I work at we do not carry Red Bull, and are sponsored by another energy drink company, and I serve that with a Jager Bomb. But either way, you will get the same effect, and should taste similar. So if you do like Monster more, or similar products use those, but the original recipe is with Red Bull, and that is what I will be using in today's drink.
- 1 ounce Jagermeister
- 8 ounces Red Bull
- Okay, so the first step is retrieving the necessary items. I used a Sam Adams Beer Glass as my main cup, a 1 ounce shot glass as the shot cup.
- You first step is to fill a glass with 8 ounces of Red Bull. Also you should fill a shot glass with 1 ounce of Jagermeister. If you are suing a standard shot glass this is easy fill it, if you are using a double shot glass, fill about 2/3 of the way up. I suggest using a 1 ounce standard shot glass only because it is fit better in the cup you are using, and will work much better when trying to sink the shot glass.
- Now that you have the cup, and shot glass full you are ready for the next step, which is dropping the shot into the cup.
- If need be, push the shot glass all the way into the cup, or drop in if you are using a full 1 ounce shot glass.
- Now that the shot is in the cup you need to chug the entire drink. Yup all 9 ounces of this delicious cocktail must be chugged. It seems like a lot, but the taste is rather good, and you will enjoy this. You should not have a problem chugging the entire drink, and as said above, so not sip, or casually drink this drink. That would be a completely different experience and a Jager Bomb.
- Now that your drink is finished, you can either make another, or if you enjoyed the taste follow my guide for a Bull Blaster, and enjoy. Thanks for reading, and be safe, and know your limit.
If you are looking to sit back, and sip this drink, I teach you how to add an adjustment here.