- Food and Cooking»
- Beverage Recipes»
- Spirits Recipes
How to Prepare and Make the PERFECT Cosmopolitan / Cosmo Cocktail Drink
In this Recipe Guide I will teach you how to make the perfect tasting Cosmopolitan that has a perfect balance of liquor and flavor. I will also talk about the brands I use, and how to scale this to a bigger size at the end if you are making a group of these for a party or group of people..
Prepare time, and Servings
- 1 Ounce Vodka, I Use Grey Goose or Smirnoff
- 1 Ounce Cranberry Juice, I use 100% Juice NOT Cocktail Juice
- 3/4 Ounce Triple Sec, I Use Hiram Walker
- 1/2 Ounce Lime Juice, Either Fresh Lime cut OR Pre-squezed juice is fine
- Full Shaker ICE, Fill the Shaker with ICE
Making the Cosmopolitan
- The difficult part is not making the drinks, but finding the right combination of proportions of ingredients to make the perfect drink.
- First off, you need to fill a shaker with ice.. If you do not have a shaker, then I suggest finding two cups that can make a seal that would work as a makeshift shaker. Fill whatever you are going to use with ice essentially to the top. Remember that the perfect Cosmo is ICE cold.
- Next add ingredients. Start with alcohol first just as traditional bar-tending goes, but as long as you add all the ingredients, it will not matter how it happens.
- Next cover your shaker with all the ingredients and ice in the cup, and shake vigorously until you think the drink is cold enough. In this step you are more trying to make the drink as cold as possible, because the ingredients will mix after the first shake. So focus on Making the drink ice cold.
- Depending on the shaker, or mixer, now strain all the ingredients into the cup of preference. Typically a martini glass BUT if you do not have a martini glass, then do the glass of preference, although Cosmo's tend to work best in a martini glass.
- Garnish your drink with your preference. Remember that you have orange liquor, lime juice, and cranberry in the drink. SO I suggest using a orange peel, or lime wedge in the drink to garnish.
- You do not need to garnish the drink, BUT if you have the fresh lime, or orange, then you will be making a traditional Cosmo. Although as said this is not needed, and you can enjoy once the drink is strained into a glass.
My Other Cocktail Recipes
- How to prepare and make a Great Raspberry Flute - wi...
This hub will teach you how to make a Great Raspberry Flute!
- How To make a Baby Guinness Shot
This Hub/Guide will teach you the basics on how to create and make a Baby Guinness shot you have at the bar, or restaurant.
- How to Make a Lime Bite Squeeze Shot
Here is a hub that highlights the recipe on how to make a Lime Bite Squeeze shot.
- How to Prepare a Jager Bomb - with Red Bull and Jage...
This hub will teach you how to make, and the steps to having the perfect Jager Bomb.
- How to make a Blue Kamikaze Drink - Perfect for hot ...
This hub will teach you how to make that Blue Kamikaze that taste great, at a cheap affordable price.
- How to Prepare and Make a Malibu Bay Breeze - with M...
This hub will teach you how to make a Malibu Bay Breeze with pineapple, Malibu rum, and cranberry juice.
Overall the Cosmo is a great drink to have in the hot weather, as a social drink, at a restaurant with food, or whenever you are treating yourself to a new drink. It is fairly simple to make, and needs only a few ingredients. If you enjoy the drink, or would like to comment on your own personal preference of ingredients please do so below. Also feel free to check out some of my other drink mixes I have done above in the links, and have a good day.