How to Remove the Flesh from an Avocado
What is an avocado?
Have you tried eating avocado before? If not, you should. It´s one of the healthy fruits on earth. Avocado is a tropical and sub tropical fruit which contains a lot of fibers and Vitamins like A, B, E, D and K. It also contains potassium and magnesium. Although avocado is very fatty, the fats are mostly monounsaturated. It is one of the super power fruits in the world.
Avocado is a tropical fruit which flesh is like butter. It is in oblong form which has a dark green, light green yellow or has a black colour. The very dark one is rough in texture compare to the light green colour. Avocado is sometimes called alligator pear. The inside of this fruit contains a big seed.
Avocado has a lot of healthy benefits.
- It helps lower cholesterol.
- It helps regulate blood pressure.
- Good for the heart.
- Contains antioxidants which helps promote young looking skin.
How To Remove The Flesh
Removing the flesh of an avocado from the avocado fruit is an easy thing to do. You only need a butter knife or a sharp knife, a big spoon, a bowl and a chopping board, if you wish. Before cutting an avocado, be sure that it is ripe enough to eat. Ripe avocado is soft when you touch the skin. If in case the avocado is not ripe yet, pack it in a paper or any old newspaper and leave it for a few days to ripen. Don´t put it in the fridge.
- The first thing I will do in cutting an avocado is to put an avocado on my left hand.
- Then with a sharp knife on my right hand, I cut the avocado around lengthwise into half without cutting the seed inside. I could feel the seed because it is hard for the knife to cut.
- I twist the cut avocado carefully into each opposite directions. Then open it .One of the half avocado still holds the pit.
- I hit the seed of the avocado with the knife and twist it to remove this from the flesh or I can spoon the seed with the use of a tablespoon.
- Then I slice the flesh of the avocado lengthwise and then crosswise (like the way I do when cutting the flesh of a mango) with the sharp knife without cutting the skin of the avocado.
- I can do it another way by just getting off the flesh out of the skin by the use of a spoon and slice the fruit into desired sizes on the chopping board. This way, it´s easy for you if you are a first timer in removing the flesh of an avocado.
- Your avocado is now ready for your recipe.
Avocado One Of My Favourite Fruits
Avocado is one of my favorite fruits. I can't have enough of this fruit when it's in season and when I am in the Philippines. I just cut it into half and get off the seed. Then scoping it with my teaspoon and enjoy the richness of this fruit. Sometimes, I include it in making my smoothie or fruits salad. I even make iced cake out of the avocado. There are many ways for me to devour this fruit but sad to say, it is very expensive in Germany that I only enjoy this in my home country Philippines.
Ways to savour an avocado.
There are many ways you can do with avocados:
- You can eat the flesh of an avocado as it is, with or without sprinkled sugar.
- Use it for decorations on salads.
- Make fruit salads with cut avocado.
- For Gaucamole
- Avocado smoothies and milkshakes.
- Avocado wraps.
- Avocado ice cream
- Avocado cream and dip
- Ice candies and ice drops
- Avocado muffins
- Avocado facial mask
Thank you for reading my hub. Please leave a comment. It´s highly appreciated.
Sources: Wikipedia and You Tube
Avocado Facial Mask
How to cut an avocado.
© 2012 Thelma Alberts